You can make Shrimp Scampi just like the Shrimp Wagon.
Shrimp Wagon’s Shrimp Scampi
Thanks to EMT for this recipe.
Shrimp Wagon's Shrimp Scampi
- 5 bulbs garlic
- 2 pounds shrimp with shells medium size (21/25 count).
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic optional if desired
- Roast garlic bulbs.
- While garlic is being roasted, rinse shrimp with water then cut along the back to the tail. Devein shrimp leaving shells and tails intact.
- Rinse shrimp again and pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp aside until ready to use.
- Remove skins from roasted garlic and place garlic into a blender. Add oil and salt.
- Puree garlic, oil, and salt until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Place shrimp into a bowl and pour the garlic mixture over shrimp. Toss to coat all the shrimp with the garlic mixture.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator. Allow shrimp to marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove shrimp from the bowl and pour the garlic mixture into a deep frying pan.
- Heat garlic mixture on medium/high heat until puree garlic starts to brown.
- When pureed garlic starts to brown, you can add fresh minced garlic into the pan if desired.
- Add shrimp and cook until done, approximately 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove shrimp and place them in a serving dish. Spoon out garlic onto shrimp using a slotted spoon.
- Serve over pasta or rice.