This Cheesecake Factory cheesecake recipe is based from the one that you can purchase from Sam’s Wholesale Club. You will find the nut crust quite unusual.
The crust for the Cheesecake Factory original cheesecake is made with a combination of pecans, almonds, walnuts, chopped vanilla wafers, and butter. The crust pairs perfectly with the richness of the cream cheese filling, which includes no less than five eggs, a generous amount of sour cream, and is nicely flavored with vanilla and lemon juice.
The Cheesecake Factory is one of those rare institutions that have made us think differently about a particular food. With an upscale dining ambiance and a side café with over thirty flavors of cheesecake available for takeout, we can indulge in a fancy dining experience or luxuriate at home in our pajamas enjoying our cheesecake and watching a favorite movie. Your server will put your beautiful wedge of cheesecake in a convenient little box that you can take home. Amazing – you can always have your cake and eat it too!
However, even if you’re only getting a couple of slices to go, these extravagant desserts add up in price. At about $8-12 per slice depending on what kind of cheesecake you choose, these heavenly creations deserve an occasion that lives up to the expense.
However, you can make a divine Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake at home. Not only will it satisfy your tastebuds, but it will also be a lot cheaper. So, save a visit to The Cheesecake Factory for that exceptional celebration.
This cheesecake is baked in a springform pan. Springform refers to the construction style of this pan that features sides that can be removed from the base. If you’re baking a delicate cake, like a cheesecake, that’s when the springform pan really shines.
After the cake is cool enough, you remove the sides from the pan leaving the cake still sitting on the pan’s base. Slicing and serving your cake is easy, and you don’t have to worry about breaking your perfect creation in the process of transferring it to a serving plate.
Many people like to use a water bath with a springform pan when baking a cheesecake. A water bath will prevent your cheesecake from browning around the edges, falling in the center when cooling, and cracking. Learn how to use a water bath and prevent leaks from your springform pan.
There are some alternatives if you don’t have a springform pan, but for baking a cheesecake a springform pan is the best way to go.
Love cheesecake? Here are some more copykat cheesecake recipes for you to try.
You can get more copycat restaurant recipes just like The Cheesecake Factory recipes here at Copykat.com.
With over thirty different kinds of cheesecakes at the Cheesecake Factory, it’s no wonder that many people have fun picking their favorites. And, there are always new kinds of this decadent dessert to sample on National Cheesecake Day. However, you can make a cheesecake that tastes just as delicious as The Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake. Cheesecake lends itself to many different toppings, so let me know what your favorites are.
Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup finely chopped vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Blend all the nuts and chopped vanilla wafers into the melted butter and press the mixture into a buttered springform pan. Line the mixture about 1 1/2” up the sides of the pan and set aside.
- Keep your mixer on the low setting throughout the mixing process. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until the mixture is creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
- When the eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese, add the flour, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix well. Lastly, add the sour cream and beat well.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the springform pan. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. When the baking is finished. Turn off the oven. Prop open the oven door and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool enough to put into the refrigerator for 24 hours. A cheesecake should be allowed to season in order for the flavor to ripen and become enriched. The wait will be worth it!