Furr’s Lime Jell-O Salad is a popular and favorite dish at the buffet restaurant. The addition of cottage cheese and pecans make for a fine gelatin salad. This isn’t too sweet and is perfect for a meal.
Growing up, Jell-O salads were always served at special occasions, when dining at Furr’s Cafeteria we had the opportunity to enjoy some of those wonderful classic dishes that we could only enjoy special occasions. Jell-O salad was one of those dishes that we all would gravitate towards.
This salad is made with lime Jell-O, pecans, pineapple, cottage cheese, and Cool Whip. Chances are you already have everything on hand to make this delightful salad. If you have never made a Jello Salad, you will find that they are very easy to make. So if you are a beginner cook, you will find this one is very easy to make.
If you haven’t tried this creamy sweet lime Jell-O salad you are missing out on a real treat. You don’t have to enjoy this one for special occasions you can make it any night of the week.
Furr’s Light Green Jell-O Salad
More Furr’s copycat recipes to try:
Furr’s Lime Jell-O Salad
- 6 ounces lime gelatin 2 small boxes
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple drained
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup finely crushed pecans
- 8 ounces Cool whip
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- In large mixing bowl empty gelatin. Add the two cups of boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Pour 1 cup cold water into mixture and blend.
- To mixture add drained crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and whipped topping. Stir mixture until whipped topping is smooth and blended, there should be no large lumps of topping. Pour into a 9" x 13" pan and sprinkle nuts on top, chill until set.