Furr’s Lime Jello Salad is a popular and favorite dish at the buffet restaurant. The addition of cottage cheese and pecans make for a fine lime gelatin salad. This isn’t too sweet and is a perfect side dish for a meal.
Lime Delight Jello Salad
Growing up, Jello salads were always served on special occasions. When dining at Furr’s Cafeteria, we had the opportunity to enjoy some of those wonderful classic dishes that we could only enjoy on special occasions.
Jello salad was one of those dishes that we all would gravitate towards. Lime is the most popular flavor. It’s tart, sweet, and pretty too! A delight for the eyes and the tastebuds.
This lime gelatin salad is made with a few simple ingredients. Chances are you already have everything on hand to make this delightful salad. Here’s a list of what you need:
- Jello lime gelatin
- Canned crushed pineapple
- Small curd cottage cheese
- Cool Whip whipped topping
How to Make Lime Jello Salad
If you have never made a Jello salad, you will find that they are very easy to make. This recipe is great for a beginner cook.
Here are the recipe steps:
- Combine gelatin and hot water in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add cold water and stir to combine.
- Add crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and Cool Whip.
- Stir until smooth and blended with no large whipped topping lumps.
- Pour the Jello mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Refrigerate for several hours or until set.
If you haven’t tried this creamy sweet lime green Jello salad you are missing out on a real treat. You don’t have to enjoy this one for special occasions you can make it any night of the week.
More Furr’s Copycat Recipes
Favorite Sweet Salad Recipes
Popular Lime and Jello Recipes
- Jello 123 Layered Dessert
- Jello Poke Cake
- Key Lime Pie Recipe
- Cherry Limeade Recipe
- Peach Jello Shots
- Strawberry Limeade
Furr’s Lime Jello Salad
- 6 ounces Jello lime gelatin 2 small boxes
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 20 ounces canned crushed pineapple drained
- 16 ounces small curd cottage cheese
- 8 ounces Cool whip whipped topping
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Place the lime gelatin in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cups of boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Add 1 cup cold water into mixture and stir to combine.
- Add drained crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and Cool Whip whipped topping.
- Stir mixture until the mixture is smooth and blended. There should be no large lumps of the whipped topping.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Refrigerate until set.