This is a great Jell-O salad. Adding fruit cocktail, and marshmallows takes this simple fruit Jell-O salad to a new level.
Furr’s Cafeteria Fruit Punch Jell-O Salad
Furr’s Fruit Punch Jell-O Salad
- 3 packages Mix Fruit Jell-O 3 ounce packages
- 3 cups Boiling Water
- 2 1/2 cups cold water
- 14.5 ounces Fruit Cocktail
- 1 cup Flaked Coconut
- 1 cup Miniature Marshmallows
- Place Jell-O in a mixing bowl add 3 cups of boiling water, stir to dissolve Jell-O. Place the two and one half cups of cold water in Jell-O and blend thoroughly. Pour one cup of gelatin in small bowl and set aside and do not chill. Place Jell-O in a serving dish or 13" x 9" pan.
- Chill Jell-O until soft set. When Jell-O is soft set remove from refrigerator. Place fruit cocktail that has been drained, on top of Jell-O. Sprinkle coconut on top of fruit cocktail place marshmallows on top of all and arrange evenly. Press all very lightly with a spoon. Finally pour the reserved liquid Jell-O mixture on top of marshmallows. Place Jell-O back into the refrigerator until the salad is completely set.
This could be turned into a dish for a diabetic I think if you use sugar free Jello. I will try this next time when I need something sugar free!