Jello 1-2-3 layered dessert was popular for years when Jell-O had a mix for it. The mix was introduced in 1969 and discontinued in 1996. You can still make this popular dessert at home.
You can make this fun dessert in no time at all. This is the perfect dessert for summer! It’s super easy to make, and since it is a refrigerated dessert it’s cool and refreshing.
What’s in Jell0 1-2-3?
This Jello dessert is made with the simplest of ingredients. You don’t need to look for anything exotic at all! You will need:
- 4-ounce package of gelatine, your favorite flavor
- cold water
- refrigerated whipped topping like Cool Whip
Why was Jello 1-2-3 Discontinued?
Many products come in and are treasured for a long time, but for no apparent reason, they are discontinued. This dessert was introduced in the 1970s but then discontinued in the 1990s. You could find this in 3 different flavors: Orange, Strawberry, and Mixed Berry. After it was discontinued the folks at Jell-O were nice enough to put together a new recipe for us. Learn more about this dessert!
Now if only they would bring back those delicious chocolate pudding pops!
Can’t get enough gelatin? Try more Jello Recipes:
Jello 1-2-3 Layered Dessert
- 4 ounces any flavor gelatin mix
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- ice cubes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup thawed whipped topping (Cool Whip or similar)
- Dissolve gelatin mix in boiling water in a bowl.
- Add enough ice cubes to cold water to measure 1 1/4 cups; add to gelatin mixture.
- Put in a blender; cover and blend 30 seconds.
- Add whipped topping. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Pour evenly into four dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes or until set.