Cherry Jello Salad with Cheddar Cheese has been a recipe for Jello salad in my family archives for as long as I can remember. You can recreate this retro recipe in no time flat.
When I was growing up it wasn’t a holiday or a special occasion without a fun Jello salad. Jello is simple to make, and with a few mixed-in ingredients, you can turn ordinary jello with pineapple into something far more magical.
This particular Jello salad is made with cherry Jello, canned crushed pineapple, and lots of miniature marshmallows. It’s hard to beat the familiar flavors of this treat.
This Jello salad is topped with Cool Whip and a light dusting of shredded Cheddar cheese.
I really served this Jello salad at an evening party, and it got thumbs up from all of the guests.
More Jello Salad Recipes
Cherry Jello Salad with Cheddar Cheese
- 1 large box cherry Jello
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple drained save some juice
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- Prepare Jello as directed on the package and add crushed pineapple.
- Let set for 30 minutes and when almost set add and mix in marshmallows, and then let set fully. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, top with cool whip and cheese.