Macaroni and cheese is a type of casserole that is simply comfort food.. If you go to a cafeteria it is often one of the most favorite dishes there. Perfect for kids and adults. Thanks to Judy DeSouter we have her family recipe for how she wows her guests with her favorite macaroni and cheese recipe.
Macaroni and Cheese
There is really nothing better than homemade Macaroni and Cheese, it is so tasty and so rich. I personally recommend using Barilla pasta when making this recipe. Barilla pasta cooks up firmly, and it doesn’t get mushy when cooking. You may also just want to undercook this pasta just a bit, when you boil the pasta because the pasta will finish cooking when it is in the oven.
Macaroni and Cheese
- 16 ounces shredded Cracker Barrel Sharp Yellow Cheddar
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Cube the cheese. Cook the macaroni while preparing the cheese sauce. Sauté onion in butter until soft and transparent. Add the flour and pepper, cooking for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the milk slowly, continuously stirring. This may be done in several batches. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens. Add the cheese gradually and stir constantly until all of the cheese is melted. Drain macaroni and pour cheese sauce into pot. Stir well. Pour into a 13 x 9 baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
The “Home made” is the literal definition of
Mc & Cheese perfection.
The CB Sharp Chedder has one singular purpose in life LOL and this is it.
I like to add a little Smoked Paprika or Cayenne for a little boost.
It is P E R F E C T I O N.
I have got to try this with smoked paprika!
Love CopyKat’s recipes but she needs a good editor! The recipe should read 3 tablespoons butter NOT 3 tablespoons onion.
It looks like it has bread crumbs or somthing used as a topping?