Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower is a healthy appetizer or side dish. Tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, and covered in flavorful seasonings and buffalo sauce.
Air fried buffalo cauliflower bites are gluten free, low carb, keto friendly, and vegetarian. How great is that? So healthy and so tasty too!
Air fryers are fantastic at making lower-fat versions of favorite dishes, and when it comes to crowd-pleasers, it is difficult to find something more popular than buffalo chicken wings. But air-fried chicken wings still have more fat than a lot of folks feel comfortable eating, and forget about a vegan or vegetarian enjoying them! Here comes Buffalo Cauliflower to the rescue.
Don’t worry if you are not a fan of cauliflower. The light breading of almond flour and the spicy buffalo sauce completely transforms the veggie into something unrecognizably delicious. Serve tasty Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower for dinner or a snack, and even veggie-phobes will gobble it up!
Prepping the Cauliflower
Preparing cauliflower for air frying is easy.
- Start by choosing a medium-sized cauliflower with a blemish-free, compact head, and dark green leaves.
- Trim off the stem end about three inches below where all the florets meet. This will give you a place to hold the cauliflower and a better view of where the individual florets attach to the stem.
- Turn the cauliflower over with the stem-end facing up on the cutting board. Hold the stem with one hand and carefully cut away the floret with a sharp knife.
- Rinse the florets and pat them dry.
- To ensure even cooking, cut any large florets into smaller pieces.
Next, you need to bread the cauliflower. In this recipe for Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower almond flour is suggested, and that is a good choice if you want a low carb meal, but it is not your only breading option. Cornstarch is a great alternative. Regular flour works, too.
- After cutting the cauliflower into pieces, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and whichever flour or cornstarch you are using in a large food-safe bag.
- Toss the cauliflower in olive oil. You need to thoroughly coat the florets with oil to help the breading stick. You can cut down on calories and fat even more by using an oil spritzer.
- Put a handful of oiled florets in the bag with the breading mixture and give it a good shake to coat. Shake off any excess and put the breaded florets in the air fryer. Repeat until you bread all the cauliflower.
Buffalo Sauce and Dips
You can use your favorite buffalo sauce for this recipe, but if you make this recipe for a vegan, it can’t contain any animal products like butter. The good news is you probably already have a vegan buffalo sauce in your cupboard and didn’t know it! One of the most popular premade buffalo sauces, Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wings Sauce, is vegan! Who knew?
Now on to the dips. You can stick to the traditional route of blue cheese or ranch dressings, but if you are more adventurous, why not try one of these to help cool things down:
Tips for Serving and Storing Low Carb Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Don’t forget the carrot and celery sticks. You can never have too many veggies!
- Reheat any leftovers in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350-degrees. You can store the breading mixture for a few days in an airtight container in the cupboard. After cutting the cauliflower into florets, keep them loosely covered in the fridge and use them within a few days.
Buffalo Cauliflower Air Fryer Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Cauliflower florets
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Almond flour
- Buffalo Sauce
How to Make Buffalo Cauliflower in an Air Fryer
- Place cauliflower, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and almond flour in a large zip-top bag.
- Close the bag and shake it to combine all the ingredients.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the buffalo sauce over the cauliflower.
- Shake the basket to coat the cauliflower with sauce.
- Cook cauliflower for another 10 minutes.
You can also remove the cauliflower, add the buffalo sauce and put it back in the air fryer.
Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Try these!
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Asparagus in the Air Fryer
- Baked Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer
- Shrimp Tempura
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
Favorite Appetizer Recipes
- Asian Wings
- Brown Sugar Bacon Smokies
- Cheese Curds
- Cream Cheese Wontons
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Layered Taco Dip
Air Fryer Buffalo Style Cauliflower
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- air fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a zip top bag, combine the cauliflower, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and almond flour.
- Close the bag, shake until the cauliflower is coated.
- Cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes. Add in the buffalo sauce, shake the basket to coat and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy.