Do you love the dessert selections at Arby’s? Do you want to learn how to make fancy chocolate turnovers? Did you know it’s actually easy to make chocolate turnovers at home?
Often you can find a gem or something really tasty at a particular restaurant. Personally, at Arby’s, I love their Horsey Sauce and Arby’s sauce, but there is one more special dish at Arby’s that I think is a must-try.
I love their desserts. They are the turnovers, served hot. They are wonderfully crispy and a pure delight.
Did you know it’s very easy to prepare chocolate turnovers? You only need a few simple ingredients.
Table of Contents
Chocolate Turnover Recipe Ingredients
- Puff pastry
- Heavy cream
To make these we are going to step into the frozen section of the store and buy some puff pastry.
You can make puff pastry at home, it tastes wonderful, but it takes a long time to make puff pastry. If you want to try making homemade puff pastry, the folks that the Kitchn have a great puff pastry recipe.
For the chocolate, we are going to make a thick chocolate ganache. If you are around Trader Joes, I love their big bars of chocolate. It is rumored they are made by an expensive chocolate maker.
If you aren’t around a Trader Joes, you can use any type of chocolate, in fact, semi-sweet chocolate chips will work very well.
How to Make Chocolate Turnovers
You will be amazed at how easy these are to prepare. Simply roll out the puff pastry, make the ganache, and a couple of quick cuts and you will be in business. Here are the steps:
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Beat egg with water to make an egg wash.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a large square.
- Cut the square into 4 pieces.
- Brush the egg wash on 2 edges of the puff pastry squares.
- Place chocolate mixture into the center of the squares.
- Fold over the squares into triangles and press to seal the edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drizzle some of the remaining chocolate sauce over them. Warm the chocolate in a double boiler if needed to make it pourable.
I hope you give this recipe a try. If you liked these, you may want to try Arby’s Cherry Turnovers as well.
Popular Dessert Recipes
- Bananas Foster Recipe
- Carnival Cake
- Easy Lemon Bars
- Gingerbread Cake
- Heath Bar Cake
- Jello Cake
- Lemon Cream Cake
- McDonalds Pie
- Sara Lee Pound Cake
Arby’s Chocolate Turnovers
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 10 ounces chocolate
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler until it is completely melted.
- Add 3 tablespoons of heavy cream and stir in the heavy cream.
- Prepare the egg wash by beating together the egg with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Roll out the puff pastry into a large square. Cut the square into 4 pieces.
- Place about a tablespoon of chocolate into the squares, be careful not to add too much chocolate, you do not want it to come out.
- Brush 2 edges of each square with the egg wash.
- Fold the squares into triangles and press to seal the edges.
- Place the turnovers on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. The turnovers should start to turn a pale tan when they are ready.
- Remove the turnovers from the oven and drizzle some of the remaining chocolate over them.
- You may need to warm the chocolate in the double boiler to make it liquid enough to drizzle.