McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry is an incredible ice cream treat! An Oreo Mint McFlurry has a refreshing minty flavor combined with Oreo cookies in a creamy frozen dessert.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry is a minty, mouthwatering classic from the famous chain. Because this frozen treat is aimed at St. Patrick’s Day, it is only available for a limited time.
The Oreo Shamrock McFlurry is a twist on McDonald’s widely popular Shamrock Shake and includes crushed Oreo cookie pieces.
Seriously, what’s St. Patrick’s Day without going a little green?
Why McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry Is So Delicious
This sweet goody gives you the luxurious crunch of Oreo cookies mixed with classic vanilla ice cream and that unbeatable minty flavor and shamrock coloring.
A Mint Oreo McFlurry is the ultimate indulgence your family will be lining up to sink their spoons into.
Shamrock Shake vs McFlurry
What’s the Difference Between the Shamrock McFlurry and a Shamrock Shake?
The Shamrock Shake is a drink made with creamy vanilla ice cream, blended with an unmistakable minty flavor, and topped with a whipped topping. It was first introduced nationally in 1970 by Connecticut McDonald’s owner and operator Hal Rosen.
He initially created the mint shake in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day, but sales from the drink took off and were used to construct the very first Ronald McDonald House to help families stay close during difficult times.
The Oreo Shamrock McFlurry is an ice cream treat. It appeared on the scene in 2020. This dessert in a cup is thicker than the Shamrock Shake and includes Oreo cookie pieces blended throughout.
Shamrock McFlurry Ingredients
The ingredients for this luscious Oreo Mint McFlurry are very simple. Here’s what you need:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Half and half
- Mint extract
- Green food coloring
- Oreo cookies
- Whipped cream
How to Make a Shamrock McFlurry
Yes, you can drive down to your local McDonalds and swoon over the delicious Oreo Shamrock McFlurry, but shamrock season is all too brief!
You can make the season last as long as you want by making a McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry at home. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Place the ice cream in a blender and let it sit for about 10 minutes to slightly soften.
- Add half-and-half, mint extract, and food coloring.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Add Oreo cookies and pulse a few times to incorporate them into the mixture.
- Pour the McFlurry into a glass.
- Top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
How to Serve an Oreo Shamrock McFlurry
Serve it with a spoon or you can blend it until it is softer and serve with a green smoothie straw.
Give it a special touch and garnish it with a sprig of fresh mint.
What Does a Shamrock McFlurry Go With?
This Oreo Shamrock McFlurry is the perfect dessert for a St. Patrick’s Day dinner or to give your guests a tasty treat at a St. Pat’s party. Here are some great Irish recipes:
More McFlurry Recipes
Favorite McDonald’s Copycat Recipes
- Big Mac
- Egg McMuffin
- Fried Apple Pie
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
- McDonalds Hamburger
- Quarter Pounder
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Popular Fast Food Ice Cream Treats
McDonald’s Oreo Shamrock McFlurry
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 4 drops mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 3 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- Allow ice cream to soften for about 10 minutes so it will be easy to blend.
- Combine the ice cream, half-and-half, mint extract, and food coloring in a blender.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until well combined.
- Then add Oreo cookies, and pulse a few times to crumble the Oreo cookies
- Pour the McFlurry into a glass.
- Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.