McDonald’s Chocolate Pretzel McFlurry is a tasty ice cream treat. This simple 4 ingredient DIY recipe for a homemade McFlurry with chocolate pretzels and caramel swirl is sure to be a favorite!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
McDonald’s Adds New Chocolatey Pretzel McFlurry to Their Dessert Line-up
Just in time for the start of summer, McDonald’s added a brand-new McFlurry to its menu. The nationwide rollout of the Chocolatey Pretzel McFlurry was the first new McFlurry flavor of the year added to the chain’s line of famous ice cream desserts in 2022.
The latest version will be available at select McDonald’s restaurants for a limited time. It is in addition to the variety of menu options including the classic Oreo and M&M’s McFlurries.
If your local McDonald’s USA isn’t carrying the new McFlurry, you are lucky because now you can make one at home using this copycat recipe! Whenever your sweet and salty craving strikes, you don’t have to go to the golden arches or wait to get a McDelivery.
What Is a Chocolate and Pretzel McFlurry?
This new McFlurry has McDonald’s creamy vanilla ice cream, crunchy chocolatey pretzel pieces, and rich caramel swirl. This tasty frozen treat is the perfect combination of sweet and salty treats.
How Does the Chocolatey Pretzel McFlurry Taste?
This McFlurry features two different classic flavor combinations. While chocolate and pretzels or salt and caramel on their own would taste fantastic, the results are out of this world when paired in one ice cream treat.
Combine the chocolatey crunchy pretzel pieces with to-die-for McDonald’s vanilla soft serve ice cream and tasty caramel topping, and you have a real winner. It’s an irresistible treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Ingredients For a Chocolatey Pretzel McFlurry
For this chocolate ice cream treat recipe, you’ll need:
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whole milk
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Caramel sauce
McDonald’s uses their brand’s creamy vanilla soft-serve ice cream, but unless you have a soft-serve machine at home, you will be using hard-packed ice cream instead.
Let the ice cream sit out on the counter before blending. You may also want to try adding a few spoons of whipped cream to the blender to help mimic the consistency of soft serve.
Be sure to use quality ingredients for the best flavor. You want your first taste of the rich chocolatey goodness to satisfy your craving.
How to Make a Chocolate and Ice Cream Treat at Home
Just a few simple steps for making this dessert:
- Blend until smooth.
- Break up the pretzels into large chunks and add them to the blender. The blades will break the pretzel bits down more, so don’t start with pieces that are too small.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce into the blender.
- Put the lid on the blender and pulse a few times to distribute the chocolate-covered pretzels and caramel sauce.
- Use a long-handled spoon to scoop the McFlurry into the serving glass.
- Add a swirl of caramel sauce on top. You can garnish with half a chocolate-covered pretzel if desired.
Possible Variations for This McFlurry with Chocolate Pretzels and Caramel
There are endless varieties of McFlurries, but you can experiment with the same basic flavors in this recipe to make something more customized. If you come up with a good version, leave a comment about it!
Here are two variations to help jumpstart your creativity:
Chocolate-Covered Pretzels and Peanut Butter Ice Cream Treat
Follow the basic recipe as written, but replace the chocolate-covered pretzels with chocolate-covered and peanut butter-filled pretzels instead. Swap out the caramel sauce for peanut butter sauce.
Toffee-Covered Pretzel and Heath Ice Cream Treat
What Goes With the McDonald’s Chocolate Pretzel McFlurry
Enjoy a Chocolatey Pretzel McFlurry at any time, with or without a meal. However, if you are hungry, many people think the ice cream treat pairs best with a meal of a mouthwatering Big Mac or McDonald’s hamburger and fries.
Some people even like to dip their french fries into a McFlurry, but using pretzel rods instead may be a better option for this version of the dessert.
Love McFlurry Treats? Try These Recipes for More McFlurry Flavors
- Chips Ahoy McFlurry – with the famous chocolate chip cookie
- Oreo McFlurry – for a yummy cookies and cream treat
- Shamrock McFlurry – a minty treat with Oreo cookies
Popular McDonald’s Copycat Recipes
- Big Mac Sauce
- McDonald Smoothie
- McDonald’s Hamburger
- McDonald’s Quarter Pounder with Cheese
- McDonald’s Shamrock Shake
- Warm Apple Pie
Favorite Ice Cream Recipes
McDonald’s Chocolate Pretzel McFlurry
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 10 chocolate covered pretzels
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce divided use
- Blend the ice cream and milk together in a blender.
- Crumble the pretzels into the blender
- Add 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce.
- Pulse the blender a few times to incorporate the pretzels and caramel sauce. Do not overmix and crush the pretzels too much. You want them just mixed in and still in chunks.
- Pour the mixture into a glass.
- Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce on top.