Say hello to your new favorite way to eat fruit. This easy Cool Whip fruit dip is a creamy delicious dip, with brown sugar adding depth to the flavor. This easy recipe for fruit dip made with Cool Whip is perfect for serving up your favorite dippable fruit. It’s perfect for a fruit platter to an after-school snack.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Homemade Fruit Dip with Cool Whip
Get ready to fall in love with a new way to enjoy your favorite fruits. This quick and easy Cool Whip fruit dip is the perfect balance of creamy and delicious, with a touch of sweetness from the brown sugar that adds a depth of flavor. It’s a match made in heaven for any fruit you can dip and will satisfy your cravings.
Whether you’re entertaining guests or looking for a sweet snack, this recipe for fruit dip made with Cool Whip is an excellent choice. It’s a treat that appeals to all ages and tastes and is simple to prepare. Don’t hesitate to try this irresistible Cool Whip fruit dip and take your fruit game to the next level!
Why This is the Best Recipe for Fruit Dip
This is the best fruit dip recipe! This quick and easy fruit dip with Cool Whip is better than anything you can find in the supermarket.
This easy fruit dip tastes so great that you’ll receive a lot of comments from your family and friends – all of them favorable! Your kids especially will love this dip!
This Cool Whip fruit dip is a great way to convince yourself and your kids to eat more fruit.
Fruit Dip Ingredients
All this dip recipe needs is four simple ingredients.
- Cool Whip
- Brown Sugar
- Sour Cream
If you tend to stay away from Cool Whip because you don’t like the sound of the ingredients, try TruWhip – it has more natural-sounding ingredients.
Freshly whipped cream will not be stable enough to last very long in this recipe.
You can substitute plain Greek yogurt for sour cream.
How to Make Fruit Dip
Pair this easy fruit dip recipe with your favorite fresh fruit, then dig in! Here’s all you have to do (just two simple steps!):
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir until well combined and smooth. If desired, you can use a hand mixer.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve with fresh fruit.
There are several flavor options you can try if you want to make your very own fruit dip recipes:
- Orange: Add two tablespoons of orange juice concentrate for a bright, citrusy flavor. If you are not serving this to kids, you could use two tablespoons of Grand Marnier. There is also non-alcoholic Grand Marnier you can get on Amazon.
- Cinnamon Honey: Beat in 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Jello Fruit Dip: Use 3 ounces of Jello powdered mix. Fun flavor options include black cherry, cherry, fruit punch, grape, green apple, lemon-lime, mango, peach, and pineapple.
- Nutty: A spoonful of peanut butter makes for a very tasty dip for apple or pear slices.
What to Serve with Fruit Dip
Any fruit will do. Whatever is your favorite – apple slices, strawberries, grapes, pears, pineapple, cherries, etc.
But you don’t have to limit yourself to just fruit! Try serving your homemade dip with cubes of pound cake or even pretzels for a sweet and salty taste. This tasty dip also goes well with oreos or pecan pie.
Spread some dip on French toast and eat it with fresh strawberries for breakfast!
How to Serve Fruit with Cool Whip Dip
This is such a unique dip that it deserves to be highlighted in a gorgeous presentation with your chosen fruit.
Think about serving it, for example, on a beautiful charcuterie board. Let your presentation bring out the artist in you!
Can Fruit Dip be made ahead?
Even though you can easily throw this fruit dip together for last-minute gatherings, it’s also great if you’re planning.
You can easily make this dip a day or two before you plan to serve it. Just keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to five days.
I do not recommend freezing this dip. The texture will not be the same once it’s defrosted.
How to Store Leftover Fruit Dip
Be sure to store any leftover fruit dip in the fridge. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
Favorite Dip Recipes
Do you love dips of all kinds? If you can dip it or dunk it, are you a happy camper? If so, here are some more dip recipes for you to enjoy.
- 7 Layer Dip
- Clam Dip
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Hamburger Dip
- Jason’s Deli Fruit Dip
- Pina Colada Fruit Dip
- Taco Dip
- Cheddar’s Santa Fe Spinach Dip
Love fruit? Try these recipes!
- 8 ounces Cool Whip topping or whipped cream
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Chill and serve with sliced apples, pears, peaches, oranges, bananas, or any other fresh fruit you have on hand.