Say hello to your new favorite way to eat fruit. This easy fruit dip is creamy and delicious, with brown sugar adding depth to the flavor. This dip recipe is a homemade fruit dip that’s perfect for serving up with your favorite dippable fruit. It’s a treat that everyone will love.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Fruit Dip
Honestly, this dip is pretty great for a family game or movie night snack. A fruit tray with delicious creamy fruit dip is something different – a colorful alternative to your usual pie or cake for dessert.
It can also be a delightful appetizer or after-school snack for kids. Use whatever fruit is in season.
This dessert is so fun and easy to make. I know it’ll become a new favorite at your family gatherings. I can’t think of a type of fruit or berry that wouldn’t be delicious dolloped with some of this yummy fruit dip.
Why This is the Best Recipe for Fruit Dip
This really is the perfect fruit dip recipe! This quick and easy fruit dip with Cool Whip is better than anything you can find in the supermarket.
This easy fruit dip tastes so great that you’ll receive a lot of comments from your family and friends – all of them favorable! Your kids especially will love this dip!
This Cool Whip fruit dip is a great way to convince yourself and your kids to eat more fruit.
Fruit Dip Ingredients
All this dip recipe needs is four simple ingredients.
- Cool Whip
- Brown Sugar
- Sour Cream
If you tend to stay away from Cool Whip because you don’t like the sound of the ingredients, try TruWhip – it has more natural-sounding ingredients.
Freshly whipped cream will not be stable enough to last very long in this recipe.
You can substitute plain Greek yogurt for sour cream.
How to Make Fruit Dip
Pair this easy fruit dip recipe with your favorite fresh fruit, then dig in! Here’s all you have to do (just two simple steps!):
- Place all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir until well combined and smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve with fresh fruit.
Fruit Dip Recipe Variations
There are several flavor options you can try if you want to make your very own fruit dip recipes:
- Orange: Add 2 tablespoons of orange juice concentrate for a bright, citrusy flavor. If you are not serving this to kids, you could use 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier. There is also non-alcoholic Grand Marnier you can get on Amazon.
- Cinnamon Honey: Beat in 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Jello Fruit Dip: Use 3 ounces of Jello powdered mix. Fun flavor options include black cherry, cherry, fruit punch, grape, green apple, lemon-lime, mango, peach, and pineapple.
- Nutty: A spoonful of peanut butter makes for a very tasty dip for apple or pear slices.
What to Serve with Fruit Dip
Any fruit will do. Whatever is your favorite – apples, strawberries, grapes, pears, pineapple, cherries, etc.
But you don’t have to limit yourself to just fruit! Try serving your homemade dip with cubes of pound cake or even pretzels for a sweet and salty taste. This tasty dip also goes well with oreos or pecan pie.
Spread some dip on French toast and eat it with fresh strawberries for breakfast!
How to Serve Fruit with Cool Whip Dip
This is such a unique dip that it deserves to be highlighted in a gorgeous presentation with your chosen fruit.
Think about serving it, for example, on a beautiful charcuterie board. Let your presentation bring out the artist in you!
Can Fruit Dip be made ahead?
Even though you can easily throw this fruit dip together for last-minute gatherings. It’s also great if you’re planning ahead.
You can easily make this dip a day or two before you plan to serve it. Just keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to one week.
I do not recommend freezing this dip. The texture will not be the same once it’s defrosted.
How to store leftover fruit dip
Be sure to store any leftover fruit dip in the fridge. Store in an airtight container for up to five days. This is great to use with kiwis, any type of melon, or berries like blueberries or raspberries.
Favorite Dip Recipes
Do you love dips of all kinds? If you can dip it or dunk it, are you a happy camper? If so, here are some more dip recipes for you to enjoy.
- 7 Layer Dip
- Clam Dip
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Hamburger Dip
- Jason’s Deli Fruit Dip
- Pina Colada Fruit Dip
- Taco Dip
- Cheddar’s Santa Fe Spinach Dip
Love fruit? Try these recipes!
- 8 ounces whipped cream or Cool Whip topping
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Chill and serve with sliced apples, pears, peaches, oranges, bananas, or any other fresh fruit you have on hand.