Dill Pickle dip? What in the world is pickle dip? It is a creamy and slightly tart dip perfect for chips, pretzels, and crackers. Do you love French Onion Dip? I bet you will also be a fan of this tangy dip.
Pickle dip? What in the world is pickle dip? It is a creamy and slightly tart dip your potato chips have been missing. Do you love French onion dip? If so, I bet you will also be a fan of this tangy dill pickle dip recipe. I used to think that only French onion dip (famous California dip) was the only way to go, but I was wrong. My new favorite appetizer dip recipe is dill pickle dip with cream cheese.
Are you looking for a great dip recipe for your next holiday party, or maybe even your next Super Bowl get together? This dip is a wonderful homemade dip you can make in your own kitchen. It’s filled with cream cheese, sour cream, chopped white onion, and dill pickles. Worcestershire Sauce adds a little extra kick. You get a really nice tangy dip that goes great with chips.
I personally love to create my own dips from scratch. They are easy to make and, best of all, you can make them without all of those ingredients you can’t identify. I have to say the copykat kitchen loved testing this recipe. We devoured a couple of bowls of this dip until we got it just right.
- For this recipe, I suggest using white onions. White onions are sweeter than yellow onions, and they are better in this copykat dip recipe. Sometimes yellow onions can be very hot.
- If you want more heat, you may want to add a couple of shakes of hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot sauce.
- I like to use Claussen pickles. They simply have a better flavor than most other pickles.
- If you can, make this appetizer dip recipe the night before. The flavors will mingle, and your result will be wonderfully deep.
- This dip will thicken when resting in your refrigerator. Before serving, add a little more pickle juice, so you don’t end up with a chip-wreck!
- Serve with potato chips. You can also serve pickle dip with fresh veggies for a low carb and keto-friendly appetizer or snack. It goes well with celery or red peppers.
Pickle Dip Recipe Ingredients
Here is what you need to make the dip:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Dill Pickles
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Dill Pickle Juice
Ingredient Notes and Tips
I recommend using white onions because they are sweeter than yellow onions and go better in this recipe. Sometimes yellow onions can be very hot and white onions are perfect for this dip.
You may want to add a couple of shakes of hot sauce in it such as Frank’s Red Hot sauce.
How to Make Dill Pickle Dip
- Allow cream cheese to warm to room temperature to soften.
- Place all ingredients except pickle juice in a medium-sized bowl.
- Mix together ingredients until well blended and you have a uniform mixture.
- Taste and add a teaspoon or two of pickle juice if desired for more tartness.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with dill if desired.
I suggest making this dip the night before serving. The flavors will mingle and your result will be wonderfully deep.
Serve with potato chips, pretzels, or crackers. You can also serve pickle dip with fresh veggies for a low carb and keto-friendly appetizer or snack.
Love pickles? Check out these recipes!
Favorite Dip Recipes
- Rotel Dip with Ground Beef
- Sausage Dip with Cream Cheese and Rotel
- Green Goddess Dip
- Buffalo Dip Recipe
- Clam Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- Chili’s Skillet Queso
- Sour Cream Fruit Dip
Be sure to check out more of my easy dip recipes and the best game day recipes here on CopyKat.com!
Dill Pickle Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 or 2 teaspoons pickle juice (optional) add if you like a little more tartness.
- Allow cream cheese to warm to room temperature to soften. In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together cream cheese and sour cream. Stir until well blended. Add in chopped white onion, chopped dill pickles, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix until you have a uniform mixture.
- You may add in 1 to 2 teaspoons of pickle juice if desired, it will give the dip a little extra zip. Store in an airtight container for at least 1 hour before serving. This is better when made the night before. Garnish with dill if desired.
This needs a lot more pickles and onions to have any real flavor. More pickle juice too! Good Lord, without more it’s a big fat tub of fat! Spice it up folks! Use the recipe as a base and keep tasting as you add the goodies! Celery is good to dip in this! Red peppers!
Well, I really thot this was going to be a nice alternative to onion dip. But it wasnt. In a polite way, it was a waste of a brick of cream cheese-phili too. I will put it in my “do not make again, recipe book…”
I am sorry you didn’t like this one. I have enjoyed it a few times, it did well at my bunco party as well. Do you really keep a “do not make again, recipe book”?
lol. I joke abt tht since I do enjoy cooking and experiment heavily but try to go by recipe 1st, then adjust…My gramma’s potato pancake recipe. While dating, I made them. Asking my boyfriend now husband how they were, he politely said “I didn’t have to make again.” Thus the inception. I think I could make now and BTW they’d be great. I know more…A carrot cake recipe which turned out more like bread pudding. Little did I know the diff frostings/glazes post bake would give it the consistency of bread pudding. Cincinnati Chili. Why anyone would ruin chili by means of cinnamon is beyond me. There’s more in my imaginary, “Don’t Make Again, Recipes” recipe book. As for your dill pickle dip. I did put it in fridge and it did firm up/thicken which I think needs emphasized, def more pickles. I guess for me the cr ch toned down too much the dip, where, for me, would want this type of dip for pickle lovers: picklier. Its what I hoped for. I have my unwritten tartar sauce recipe I prepare every time I make fish from freshly cut hamburger slices; it is similar yet different to your dip-and better than anything you can get in the store. My suggestion would be to make it solely w/sour cream or better yet, greek yogurt-my substitution FOR SC for healthful reasons as well as another layer of tang. French onion dip is SC based also, which is why I would try. I’ve learned you really have to know your tastes. Know what you like and dont. To each their own. I am sure there are many, that find this recipe divine.
love the idea making it for new years i know it will be a big hit thank for the idea i love taking ideas from recipes and making them
I really want to make this dip, it sounds great. But, I watched the video and you chopped up what looked to be six pickle slices. How much would this be (I buy whole pickles) in a measurement? It definitely looked to be more than 2 tablespoons. Thanks!
Please follow the written recipe. The video was edited a bit we didn’t think you we needed to spend a lot of time chopping and stirring in pickles.
Oh my goodness! I am totally making this the next time that my family asks for chip dip! This looks delicious, and we happen to LOVE pickles in this house. 🙂
I hope you give this dip a try. I think it is a nice change from your normal onion dips.
Back For Seconds
Well I’m pregnant soooo obviously I need this dip 🙂
Congrats on the up coming baby!
you added like 3/4 C – 1 C of pickles in your video …not 2 tbsp as in the directions
Back For Seconds
I have to say – this sounds AWESOME! I haven’t even had breakfast and I’m craving pickles 😉
I have been making this for a long time and it’s awesome. I prefer using the Claussen pickle in this recipe – they have the best flavor. I made this for my daughter in law to take to her parent’s home for a Christmas get together and before I knew it they were calling me for the recipe. They couldn’t leave it alone. Enjoy!
I really like the Claussen pickles too. They simply have a better flavor than most pickles.
This is the 2nd time this week I’ve seen pickle dip … which automatically means I have to make it for SuperBowl… right? 🙂
It may be a sign.
Can a dill relish be used
Yes it can.
You can’t go wrong with Claussen’s pickles!! They’re the only brand I’ll buy!!
Erika NW Goodall
Clauseen’s pickles are the BEST!! <3
They are great pickles.