Pickle dip? What in the world is pickle dip? It is a creamy and slightly tart dip your potato chips have been missing. Do you love French Onion Dip? I bet you will also be a fan of this tangy dip.
I used to think that only French onion dip or the famous California dip was the only way to go, but I was wrong.
Are you looking for dips for your next party, or maybe even your next Super Bowl party? This dip is a wonderful homemade dip you can make in your own kitchen.
This dip is filled with cream cheese, sour cream, chopped white onion, and dill pickles. You get a really nice tangy dip that goes great with chips.
I personally love to create my own dips from scratch. I think they are easy to make, and best of all you can make them without all of those ingredients you can’t identify. I have to say the CopyKat kitchen loved testing this recipe. We devoured a couple of bowls of this dip until we got it just right.
Pickle Dip Recipe Ingredients
Here is what you need to make the dip:
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Dill Pickles
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Dill Pickle Juice
For this recipe, I suggest using white onions. White onions are sweeter than yellow onions and they go better in this recipe. Sometimes yellow onions can be very hot, and the white onions are perfect for this dish.
You may want to add a couple of shakes of hot sauce in it such as Frank’s Red Hot sauce. I do suggest that you make this if you can the night before you will need this. The flavors will mingle and your result will be wonderfully deep.
Serve with potato chips. You can also serve pickle dip with fresh veggies for a low carb and keto-friendly appetizer or snack.
Love pickles? Check out these pickle recipes
- Hooters Fried Pickles
- Ivan’s Fried Pickles
- How to make homemade Spicy Dill Pickles
- Freezer Pickles
- Red Robin Pickle Nickels AKA Fried Pickles
How to Make Pickle Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 or 2 teaspoons pickle juice (optional) add if you like a little more tartness.
- Allow cream cheese to warm to room temperature to soften. In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together cream cheese and sour cream. Stir until well blended. Add in chopped white onion, chopped dill pickles, and Worcestershire sauce, and mix until you have a uniform mixture.
- You may add in 1 to 2 teaspoons of pickle juice if desired, it will give the dip a little extra zip. Store in an airtight container for at least 1 hour before serving. This is better when made the night before. Garnish with dill if desired.