This is a yummy cake that tastes pretty close to Mounds the candy bar.
- 1 box chocolate or fudge cake mix
- 14 ounces coconut (frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 squares chocolate (4 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bake cake as directed on box, pour into two nine inch round pans. When the cake is baked and cooled split the layers.
- Mix milk, sugar, and marshmallows in a pot and melt over medium heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved and marshmallows melted. Remove from heat and stir in coconut.
- Put the coconut mixture between each split layer and on top.
- Melt chocolate and sugar, add salt, water, and margarine. Simmer 3 minutes, and remove from heat Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix well and frost the top and the sides of the cake.