Instead of buying the pre-made pimento cheese, you can make delicious cheese spread at home. This homemade version is perfect for sandwiches, dips, snacks, and yes, even burgers.
You don’t need to rush out to the store when you get a hankering for pimento cheese spread. You can make this well-known cheesy dish from scratch. It isn’t hard to make!
Why make pimento cheese at home?
This is made from common ingredients you already have on hand. Instead of rushing out to the store, why not shop your pantry and make this cheesy salad with what you already have on hand. Want to control artificial ingredients or use only organic ingredients, cooking from scratch is the perfect way to control exactly what you eat.
You will be amazed at the rich flavor of this cheese spread, and will soon become a family favorite in your house. Guess what, it takes just minutes to make this much-loved salad.
Different ways to serve pimento cheese
- Enjoy in a sandwich
- Stuff celery stalks with cheese
- Use instead of sliced cheese in a grilled cheese sandwich
- Serve with crackers and use as a dip
- Spread on crackers and place under a broiler to brown cheese
- Use as a topping on a burger
Love cheesy recipes? Try some of these cheese inspired recipes
- Pimento Cheese Burgers
- Farmers Market Pimento Cheese Spread
- Buffalo Chicken Pimento Cheese Pizza Bagels
- Baked Pimento Cheese Spread
- Liptauer Cheese Spread
- Parmesan Cheese Spread
Pimento Cheese Spread
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound pasteurized process American cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; pour over cheese and mash to blend ingredients. Add pimentos, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper; mix well. Store in refrigerator.