This is a nice and simple chicken salad made famous by a restaurant we were asked not to name. They are known for being the “inventor” of the chicken sandwich.
Restaurant Style Chicken Salad
- 2 cups chicken dark meat
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relis
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices Texas Toast or Thick Cut Sandwich Bread
- Boil dark meat until completely cooked. Remove from water and cool meat. You can save the chicken broth, seal and refrigerate no more than a week. After chicken is cool, cut into tiny pieces. Place in a mixing bowl and add all other ingredients and mix well. Butter one side of sandwich bread and grill. Place salad in between grilled bread slices and serve.