Ming’s is located in Palo Alto California. A thai inspired chicken salad complete with rice, cilantro, green onions and so much more make for a delicious salad.
Ming’s Chicken Salad
- 1 pound chicken boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt to taste
- 2 cups chopped peanuts
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds toasted
- 4 cups rice sticks deep fried
- 8 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Prepare marinade for chicken by combining dry sherry, vegetable oil, chopped cilantro, hoisin sauce, grated ginger, sesame oil, dry mustard, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade for use later in the recipe. Marinate the boneless skinless chicken breasts in the marinade ingredients for 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake chicken breasts for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Pour the reserved marinade over the chicken during the last five minutes. Cool and shred chicken as finely as possible. Skim fat from pan and mix remaining drippings with 1 tablespoon dry mustard. Add to chicken and mix well. Mix together with remaining ingredients and serve.