Enjoy this easy Thai chicken with peanut sauce recipe when you have your next hankering for Thai food. You can make Thai peanut chicken in no time in your own kitchen and with plenty of flavor.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Makes Thai Peanut Chicken Ideal For a Weeknight Meal?
Even though going out for Thai food is appealing, you can make this Thai peanut chicken recipe in way less time, making it the perfect meal to make during those busy weeknights.
Not to mention this Thai chicken with peanut sauce is better than you will find at your local Thai restaurant. And it makes for wonderful leftovers.
What Makes this Recipe for Thai Peanut Chicken So Good?
The peanut sauce that you make for this chicken is absolutely amazing. It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory and just a little bit of heat.
The combination of the peanut butter powder and sriracha sauce creates a wonderful flavor profile that you cannot match.
Thai Peanut Chicken Ingredients
Take a look at everything you will need to make this delectable Thai peanut chicken dinner.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast – you could use boneless skinless thighs if you prefer
- Cooking oil (like vegetable oil or olive oil)
- Minced garlic
- White onion
- Peanut butter powder or regular peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Soy sauce
- Garlic chili sauce or sriracha sauce
- Green onion slices for garnish
If you want to cut back on the fat content of this dish, using powdered peanut butter is a great way to do that without compromising on flavor!
How To Make Thai Peanut Chicken
Here are the simple recipe steps:
- Begin by heating up a large skillet over high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add in the oil and let it heat up.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet and let it cook until it becomes fragrant. Then carefully remove the garlic from the skillet and set it aside for later.
- Add the sliced onions and cut up chicken breast to the skillet and let it cook, turning the chicken over every 2 to 3 minutes to cook the chicken all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking, begin making the peanut butter sauce by combining the peanut butter powder, water, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooked minced garlic, and garlic chili sauce until it all comes together into a smooth sauce. A whisk is very helpful in making a creamy sauce.
- After the chicken is done cooking, pour in the peanut sauce and let it cook with the chicken for about 1 minute.
- Now serve the Thai peanut chicken over noodles or rice and top it off with some fresh cilantro and chopped peanuts. Enjoy!
Enjoy this recipe as is or you can change it up by adding some shredded carrots, celery, red bell pepper, broccoli, or bok choy.
Adding vegetables to the stir fry is a great way to get in your veggies for the day and have a delicious meal!
How to Serve Thai Peanut Chicken
Serve Thai peanut chicken stir fry over top of some wonderfully delicious ramen noodles, rice noodles, or rice to have a well-rounded meal.
What Goes With Thai Peanut Chicken?
While this Thai peanut chicken recipe makes for a wonderful full meal, you can also serve it with these great Asian appetizers and sides:
How to Store Leftover Thai Peanut Chicken
When you are done eating your Thai stir fry, pour your leftovers into an airtight container and store them in the fridge for 4 to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
However, if you are going to freeze this recipe, I would suggest only freezing the chicken, and making up rice or rice noodles to go with it when you are ready to eat it.
How to Reheat Thai Leftover Chicken
To reheat this leftover chicken recipe, get out your skillet and heat it over medium-high heat. Then pour the chicken into the skillet and continue heating the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until it is heated all the way through.
Or to speed things up a bit, you can pop the chicken in the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds and then enjoy!
Favorite Asian Recipes
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp
- Beef Chow Fun
- Egg Drop Soup
- Chicken Katsu
- Chow Mein Recipe
- Egg Foo Young
- Hibachi Steak
- PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps
- Pork Katsu
- Sweet and Sour Sauce
Popular Chicken Recipes for Dinner
Thai Peanut Chicken
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium white onion sliced
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter powder or 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce or sriracha sauce
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, add oil to the skillet.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and cook until it becomes fragrant. Remove the garlic and set aside. It will burn if it cooks the entire time.
- Add the onions and chicken to the skillet, turning the chicken every 2 to 3 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the peanut butter powder, water, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic chili sauce or sriracha sauce. Stir until well blended.
- When chicken is done, drizzle the sauce over chicken and cook for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve with noodles or rice.