Have you ever wanted to make a unique stir-fry? Have you ever tried making stir fry with peanut butter? Peanut butter powder can be used in many different dishes, but this story fry is amazing with the taste of peanut butter.
You may have seen a new product in your grocery stores lately, it is peanut butter powder. This has 85% less fat than your usual peanut butter, but it has all of the flavors. You can use peanut butter powder in smoothies, shakes, baking. You can even use it in cooking savory dishes.
I love stir-fried chicken; it is a great quick dinner to make. I make this recipe with chicken breasts, soy sauce, brown sugar, Jif® peanut butter powder, onions, garlic, garlic chili sauce, and a touch of oil to saute the chicken in. You don’t even need a fancy wok, I use a really hot skillet. I also use rice noodles; you could use rice or even pasta for this dish. I find this dish a great gateway into a stir-fry.
I like Jif® powdered peanut butter; it isn’t something I normally eat a lot of, it is high in calories. I like this is lower in calories, and I can hydrate exactly the amount of peanut butter I need. In smoothies, this gives me an extra kick of protein without the additional calories and fat.
Peanut Butter Stir Fry Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium white onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter powder or 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce or Siriacha sauce
- Heat a large skillet on high heat. Add oil to skillet. Drop garlic into the skillet and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant. Remove garlic and save for later. It will burn if it cooks the entire time. Add sliced onions and chicken. Cook chicken frequently turning every 2 to 3 minutes. Wh
- While chicken is cooking combine Jif® Peanut Butter Powder, water, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic chili sauce. Stir until well blended. When chicken is done drizzle sauce over chicken and cook for about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve stir fry with noodles or rice.