Have you tried the Chicken Salad Chick Chicken Salad? Some of us are lucky we are located near a Chicken Salad Chick restaurant, if one opens in your area, I recommend you go. Until then, here is my easy copycat recipe for the delicious chicken salad.
Are you looking for a great recipe for chicken salad? The Chicken Salad Chick restaurant is your answer to many different wonderful chicken salad recipes. This salad is freshly made, and full of flavor, this recipe is soon to become a favorite of yours.
What makes Chicken Salad so good?
I think there are a couple of different elements that makes this recipe unique. They use only chicken tenders. Chicken tenders shred wonderfully when they pulled apart after cooking. Celery is chopped super fine, so you don’t get large pieces of celery. Also, dry Ranch salad dressing mix adds a unique flavor.
For this recipe, I have chosen to cook the chicken tenders in chicken stock. I think this adds layers of flavor into the recipe. Good quality stock is made with carrots, celery, and onion; the chicken tenders pick up some of this flavor.
How to serve chicken salad
If you dine at the Chicken Salad Chick you can enjoy your chicken salad in two ways. One is a scoop of chicken salad on a bed of leaf lettuce. The other way you can have chicken salad is on a sandwich, and their sandwiches come with leaf lettuce and ripe tomatoes. If you want you could serve it with crackers, or you could stuff the chicken salad inside of a tomato. It’s completely up to you.
Chicken Salad Chick - Classic Carol chicken salad
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 2 teaspoons dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the chicken by poaching in chicken stock. Fill a large pot with the chicken tenders and chicken stock. Poach over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Shred chicken, the chicken can be shredded with a stand mixer by using a paddle attachment. Or you can shred the chicken tenders with two forks.
- In a medium sized bowl add celery, mayonnaise, dry Ranch dressing mix, salt and black pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Add shredded chicken and mix in well. Store chicken salad in an air tight container.
- The chicken salad tastes better if prepared a couple of hours before it is consumed.
- Serve in a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- For variety you can add a tablespoon or two of green bell pepper.
- This says fresh in an airtight container for 4 days after preparation.