Have you tried the Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol Chicken Salad? Some of us are lucky we are located near a Chicken Salad Chick restaurant, if one opens in your area, I recommend you go. Until then, here is my easy copycat recipe for the delicious classic Carol chicken salad.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Chicken Salads at Chicken Salad Chick Restaurant
The Chicken Salad Chick restaurant is your answer to many excellent chicken salads. They have traditional, savory, fruity, nutty, and spicy chicken salad.
Are you looking for an excellent recipe for chicken salad? This salad is freshly made and full of flavor. This copycat Chicken Salad Chick recipe will soon become your favorite.
What Makes The Classic Carol Chicken Salad so Good?
I think there are a few different elements that make this recipe unique.
- It calls for only chicken tenders. Chicken tenders shred wonderfully when pulled apart after cooking. CSC does not use chicken breast. They use tenderloins, and the strands of meat are shorter than in the chicken breast, so this way, your delicious chicken salad has a better texture.
- Celery is chopped super fine, so you don’t get large pieces.
- Also, dry Ranch salad dressing mix adds a unique flavor.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty chicken salad:
- Chicken tenderloins
- Low-sodium chicken stock
- Dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- Ground black pepper
I have chosen to cook chicken tenders in chicken stock for this recipe. I think this adds layers of flavor to the recipe. I think this adds layers of flavor to the recipe. Good quality chicken stock is made with carrots, celery, and onion. The chicken tenders pick up some of this flavor.
How to Make Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol Chicken Salad
- Place the chicken tenders and chicken stock in a large pot.
- Heat the pot over medium heat, letting the chicken poach for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked before proceeding.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred it. You can use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or manually shred the chicken tenders using two forks.
- Mix celery, mayonnaise, dry Ranch dressing, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir the chicken mixture until it is well blended.
- Add the shredded chicken into the bowl and stir until it’s fully incorporated with the other ingredients.
- Transfer the chicken salad to an airtight container.
- For optimal taste, prepare the chicken salad and chill it a few hours before it’s needed. This allows the flavors to meld together.
How to Serve Classic Carol Chicken Salad
If you dine at the Chicken Salad Chick, you can enjoy your chicken salad in two ways. One is a scoop of chicken salad on a bed of lettuce. I recommend using leaf lettuce for the best restaurant-inspired dish.
The other way you can have chicken salad is on a sandwich. Their sandwiches come with leaf lettuce and ripe tomatoes.
You can also stuff the chicken salad inside of a tomato or avocado. It’s entirely up to you.
What to Serve with Chicken Salad
Here are some ideas on what to serve with chicken salad:
- A simple and quick option that adds a satisfying crunch. You could go for classic potato chips, kettle chips, or even veggie chips for a healthier twist.
- Another quick option is serving it with crackers.
- A hot bowl of soup can complement a chicken salad sandwich quite nicely. Tomato soup, vegetable soup, or chicken noodle soup are great choices.
- A cold pasta salad with plenty of fresh veggies could be a refreshing side dish.
- Dill pickles or sweet gherkins can provide a tangy contrast to the creamy chicken salad.
- Slices of fresh fruit or a mixed fruit salad can be a refreshing and healthy side. Melons, berries, apples, or grapes would work well.
- A side of coleslaw can be a great match, as its tangy flavor can balance out the creaminess of the chicken salad.
- A simple green salad with a vinaigrette dressing can provide a light and refreshing contrast.
- Grilled veggies such as zucchini, bell peppers, and eggplant can add a smoky flavor that complements the chicken salad nicely.
- Potato Salad is a classic side dish for any sandwich and can be made in many different ways, with the addition of ingredients like dill, mustard, or even bacon.
- Bacon Baked Beans can add a sweet and smoky flavor, contrasting the creamy and savory chicken salad.
Possible recipe variations
If you want to make the Classic Carol, please follow the recipe as written. Remember that you could change this Chicken Salad Chick copycat recipe and make it your own with some of these additions. This way, you can customize this classic chicken salad and turn it into your favorite chicken salad.
- Add a tablespoon of finely minced jalapeno for some extra flavor
- You could stir in a couple of hard-boiled chopped eggs if you desire
- Add a tablespoon of chopped white onions to make their Dixie Chick Salad
- Add a couple of teaspoons of sweet pickle relish and a couple of hard-boiled eggs to make Olvia’s Old South
How to Store Homemade Chicken Salad
Both freshly prepared chicken salad and the leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last up to 5 days.
What type of mayonnaise does Chicken Salad Chick use?
They use Duke’s mayonnaise. I personally have made this with Hellman’s and had good results.
Is this copycat Chicken Salad Chick Salad gluten-free?
It depends on the ingredients you use when preparing the salad. You will have to check the label on each one to be sure.
Some store-bought chicken stock contains gluten. Both Duke’s Mayonnaise and Hidden Valley Ranch Original Dressing Mix are gluten-free.
More Tasty Chicken Salads
- Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad
- Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Salad
- Newks Chicken Salad
- Pecan Chicken Salad
Popular Chicken Recipes
- Alice Springs Chicken
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Chicken Katsu
- Chicken Madeira
- Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- Hunan Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol Chicken Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 2 teaspoons dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the chicken by poaching in chicken stock. Fill a large pot with the chicken tenders and chicken stock. Poach over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Shred chicken, the chicken can be shredded with a stand mixer by using a paddle attachment. Or you can shred the chicken tenders with two forks.
- In a medium sized bowl add celery, mayonnaise, dry Ranch dressing mix, salt and black pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Add shredded chicken and mix in well. Store chicken salad in an air tight container.
- The chicken salad tastes better if prepared a couple of hours before it is consumed.
- Serve in a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce.
- For variety you can add a tablespoon or two of green bell pepper.
- This says fresh in an airtight container for 4 days after preparation.