Have you tried the Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol Chicken Salad? Some of us are lucky we are located near a Chicken Salad Chick restaurant, if one opens in your area, I recommend you go. Until then, here is my easy copycat recipe for the delicious classic Carol chicken salad.
Chicken Salads at Chicken Salad Chick Restaurant
The Chicken Salad Chick restaurant is your answer to many different wonderful chicken salads. They have traditional, savory, fruity, nutty, and spicy chicken salad.
Are you looking for a great recipe for chicken salad? This salad is freshly made and full of flavor. This recipe is soon to become a favorite of yours.
What Makes The Classic Carol chicken salad so good?
I think there are a few different elements that make this recipe unique.
- It calls for only chicken tenders. Chicken tenders shred wonderfully when pulled apart after cooking.
- Celery is chopped super fine, so you don’t get large pieces of celery.
- Also, dry Ranch salad dressing mix adds a unique flavor.
For this recipe, I have chosen to cook chicken tenders in chicken stock. I think this adds layers of flavor to the recipe. Good quality chicken stock is made with carrots, celery, and onion. The chicken tenders pick up some of this flavor.
How to Serve Classic Carol Chicken Salad
If you dine at the Chicken Salad Chick you can enjoy your chicken salad in two ways. One is a scoop of chicken salad on a bed of leaf lettuce. The other way you can have chicken salad is on a sandwich. Their sandwiches come with leaf lettuce and ripe tomatoes.
If you want you could serve it with crackers or you could stuff the chicken salad inside of a tomato. It’s completely up to you.
What type of mayonnaise does Chicken Salad Chick use?
They use Duke’s mayonnaise. I personally have made this is with Hellman’s and had good results.
Is this copycat Chicken Salad Chick Salad gluten-free?
It depends on the ingredients you use when preparing the salad. You will have to check the label on each one to be sure.
Some store-bought chicken stock contains gluten. Both Duke’s Mayonnaise and Hidden Valley Ranch Original Dressing Mix are gluten-free.
More Tasty Chicken Salads
- Applebees Oriental Chicken Salad
- Chicken Salad Chick Grape Salad Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Salad
- Newks Chicken Salad
- Pecan Chicken Salad
Popular Chicken Recipes
- Alice Springs Chicken
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Chicken Katsu
- Chicken Madeira
- Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- Hunan Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
Find the best copycat salad recipes and restaurant chicken recipes to make and enjoy.
Chicken Salad Chick – Classic Carol chicken salad
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 2 teaspoons dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the chicken by poaching in chicken stock. Fill a large pot with the chicken tenders and chicken stock. Poach over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Shred chicken, the chicken can be shredded with a stand mixer by using a paddle attachment. Or you can shred the chicken tenders with two forks.
- In a medium sized bowl add celery, mayonnaise, dry Ranch dressing mix, salt and black pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Add shredded chicken and mix in well. Store chicken salad in an air tight container.
- The chicken salad tastes better if prepared a couple of hours before it is consumed.
- Serve in a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce.
- For variety you can add a tablespoon or two of green bell pepper.
- This says fresh in an airtight container for 4 days after preparation.
I’m so excited to try this. I just recently discovered CSC about an hour from my home and have made excuses to go that direction just to stop there!
breaded or non breaded chicken tenders? also, i looked up organic ranch dressing packets and every one of them is different. for instance, some have buttermilk, some don’t. which ranch seasoning is the best for this recipe?
You use non-breaded raw chicken tenders. I have used Simply Organic Ranch and Hidden Valley Ranch with very similar results.
Thank you for this recipe! Classic Carol is my favorite and this tastes just like it! They use Duke’s mayo but I used Blue Plate and it tastes just as good! Wonderful recipe ❤ my family and I love it!
Loved this recipe.
Just made this tonight as Classic Carol is my fave from CSC. I did chicken tenders in the crockpot and then 1/2+ cups of Duke’s. It’s exactly the same as the restaurant! I ate quite a bit room temp on saltines, but I can’t wait to eat it cold tomorrow maybe as tea sandwiches. This is a perfect recipe! Thank you so much for sharing!
Very good & so easy! Tastes just like Chicken Salad Chick recipe!!