My Mama made this for us when we were children. Quick and easy to make. It was also inexpensive. Great with a grilled cheese sandwich.
Quick and Easy Homemade Tomato Soup
Thanks to Aflutterby for sharing this tomato soup recipe.
Quick and Easy & Homemade Tomato Soup
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda helps prevent curdling
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream half and half or evaporated milk is ok
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan add the 3 cups of milk and butter. Heat until hot, be careful not to scorch the liquid!
- Once the liquid is hot, add the baking soda, stir quickly as it will foam.
- Add the tomatoes and reheat until hot.
- Season with salt and pepper.