Some evenings there is nothing like a pot of quick and easy chili. What’s makes this recipe is great, is that you can prepare a delicious bowl of chili in about 30 minutes.
Table of Contents
Seven Simple Ingredients for quick and easy chili
This recipe is made from several easy to find ingredients. What I love about this quick and easy chili recipe is that it is made with many ingredients you have in your pantry. Since we are starting with several pantry favorites the chili starts out very well seasoned. You may need to adjust the salt a bit, but this really is foolproof chili. You will need:
- ground beef
- chopped white onion
- tomato soup
- canned chili beans
- beef broth
- chili powder
What are chili beans?
So this recipe has an ingredient on there that is called “chili beans”. Chili beans are canned beans that are in a seasoned sauce. These beans come in a sauce that is seasoned with chilies, onions, garlic, and so much more. Bush’s beans makes several varieties of chili beans, and in a pinch, you can use the Ranch Style Beans.
What is chili powder?
When a recipe refers to chili powder, most recipes typically mean a generic form of chili powder. Chili powder is a blend of chilies like cayenne, cumin, garlic, paprika, and so much more. Do not use a single blend of chili for this recipe, the final chili would be unbalanced.
Can you freeze this chili?
Yes! You can freeze this chili, I sometimes pour this chili into a container or two and reheat later. Freeze in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
Modifications to chili
There are many different ways to modify this chili you could do any of the following:
- add a minced garlic clove to the onions and hamburger
- add a teaspoon of chipotle chili powder for some smokiness
- add a 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika for smokiness
Love Chili? Try these chili recipes.
Quick and Easy Chili
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 14 ounce tomato soup
- 14 ounce chili beans in chili sauce
- 10.5 ounce can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder or more if you like
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add ground beef and onions. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the ground beef and onions. Cook until the beef has been browned. Drain off grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes before serving.
- Adjust seasonings, you may want to add a bit more salt.