Chicken Salad Chick Fancy Nancy is a fruity chicken salad with grapes, apples, pecans, and celery.
Chicken Salad Chick offers delicious homemade Southern favorites and specializes in chicken salad. They understand that everyone has a different notion of what the perfect chicken salad should be. You can choose from more than a dozen varieties, including simple, nutty, fruity, savory, or spicy. There’s a chicken salad for everyone.
This Chicken Salad Chick Fancy Nancy recipe is made with a generous amount of chicken tenders that shred easily when pulled apart after cooking. The chicken tenders are cooked in flavorful chicken stock, and the tenders absorb some of these flavors. The celery is finely minced, so there are no large pieces. Dry ranch salad dressing mix contributes a special character, and the salad is dressed with Fuji apples for crispness, seedless grapes for a sweet crunch, and pecans for a touch of nuttiness. Fancy and tasty indeed!
If you are not lucky enough to be located near a Chicken Salad Chick restaurant, you can make this copycat Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad at home. The great thing about chicken salad is that it fits every occasion – lunch, light suppers, potlucks, baby showers, lake days, beach trips. You could say it’s the little black dress of spreads! Chicken Salad Chick uses Duke’s mayonnaise, which is a superior mayonnaise. However, I’ve used Hellmann’s with excellent results.
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last?
This recipe will keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days. Since this salad has chicken and mayonnaise, it should not be left out at room temperature for longer than two hours.
Chicken Salad Chick Fancy Nancy
Make the best chicken salad sandwich with this easy Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad recipe. It’s just great for a hearty lunch or a quick informal dinner. Good ole’ Nancy will keep everyone coming back for more!
Ingredients for copycat chicken salad
Here’s what you need to make Fancy Nancy chicken salad:
- Chicken stock (low sodium)
- Dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- Red seedless grapes
- Fuji apple
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad
Cook the chicken in chicken stock until done.
Use two forks or a stand mixer to shred chicken.
Add remaining ingredients to another bowl.
Add shredded chicken and stir to combine.
For best flavor, make the salad a couple of hours in advance. Keep salad refrigerated until serving.
Serve on top of lettuce or in a sandwich.
More Chicken Salad and Salads with Chicken Recipes
- Original Chicken Salad Recipe
- Applebee’s International, Inc. Oriental Chicken Salad
- Arbys Salads Grilled Chicken and Pecan
- Panera Salads Green Goddess Cobb Salad
- Jason Deli Nutty Mixed Up Salad
- Subway Orchard Chicken Salad
- Mediterranean Grain Bowl Recipes
- Very Berry Salad
- Chicken Salad Recipe with Fruit and Nuts
- Chopped Chicken Salad
Top Copycat Recipes
Chicken Salad Chick Fancy Nancy
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise Chicken Salad Chick uses Duke's
- 2 tablespoons celery finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Fuji apple chopped
- Place the chicken tenders and chicken stock in a large pot. Poach over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Shred the chicken. The chicken can be shredded with a stand mixer by using a paddle attachment. Or shredding the chicken tenders using two forks works well also.
- In a medium-sized bowl, place the celery, dry ranch dressing mix, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Blend well.
- Add the shredded chicken and mix in thoroughly.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or in a sandwich.