Arby’s Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich is a much-loved menu item at Arby’s. Arby’s is known for its hearty roast beef sandwiches, but they do much more than roast beef. I know you will love Arby’s chicken salad as much as I do.
Arby’s knows how to make a chicken salad that is packed with all sorts of tasty ingredients. Try one of their Market Fresh Pecan Chicken Salad sandwiches at home.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Arby’s Chicken Salad
You don’t need to limit yourself to just a sandwich with this chicken salad. You could put this in a large tortilla for a wrap. This chicken salad would go well in a submarine bun. I loved this with toasted sourdough bread. Honestly, it’s great with crackers or scooped out and placed on a bed of lettuce for a salad.
Ingredients You Will Need for Arby’s Chicken Salad Sandwich
This pecan chicken salad recipe is very flexible, you could add a little more or a little less of any of these ingredients, and you will come up with a great-tasting chicken salad sandwich. See the Recipe Variations section below.
- Grilled Chicken
- Mayonnaise – I recommend Dukes or Helman’s, some people like Greek yogurt instead of mayo.
- Seedless Red Grapes
- Apples – I recommend red delicious they give the perfect crunch
- Lemon – for freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Leaf Lettuce
- Honey Wheat Bread
If you don’t have any grilled chicken around, you could use leftover chicken that you may have from a baked chicken. You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken. If you need to grill your chicken, you should grill 1 to 1¼ pounds for this recipe.
While they do not toast their pecans, I think you could quickly bring this salad to the next level by toasting the pecans in a skillet over medium-high heat until they become fragrant. Allow the pecans to cool completely before preparing the chicken salad.
How to Make Arby’s Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Place the diced apples into a medium-sized bowl. Pour one tablespoon of lemon juice over the apples and gently stir to ensure they are coated, preventing them from browning.
- Add the chicken, grapes, celery, and pecans to the same bowl, and thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.
- Add 1/2 cup of mayonnaise to the mixture and stir until everything is well combined. Add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise as needed if the mixture seems too dry. Season the salad with salt and pepper according to your taste preferences.
- Cover the bowl and let the flavors meld together in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.
- To make the sandwich, take about 1 cup of the prepared chicken salad and place it between two thick slices of honey wheat bread and a few lettuce leaves.
- Enjoy your delicious chicken salad sandwich with chips or fries.
Arby’s Chicken Salad Recipe Variations
If you do not like pecans, you could use almonds, walnuts, cashews, or even pinenuts.
If you do not want to use red grapes, you could swap these for green grapes, cranberries, or even raisins.
I sometimes like to add diced celery or red onion to the salad for some added crunch and flavor.
If you are trying to save on carbs consider making the sandwich in a lettuce wrap.
How to Store Arby’s Chicken and Pecan Salad
You should store the chicken salad leftovers in an airtight container in your refrigerator. It will last for three to five days.
Do you love Arby’s? Be sure to check out these copycat recipes
More Chicken Salad Recipes
- Subway Salad
- Jason Deli Salad
- Newks Salad
- Chicken Salad Chick Fancy Nancy
- Chicken Salad Chick Classic Carol
- Chicken Salad with Dried Cherries
- Restaurant Chicken Salad
- Fruity Chicken Salad
- Mango Curry Chicken Salad
Arby’s Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 1 cup diced red apple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (juice of one small lemon)
- 2 1/2 cups grilled chicken breast
- 1 cup halved grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- lettuce leaves optional
- thick-sliced wheat bread optional
- Place the diced apples in a medium-sized bowl. Add one tablespoon of lemon juice and stir to coat the apples to prevent them from turning brown.
- Add the chicken, grapes, celery, and pecans to the bowl and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup mayonnaise and stir to combine. If the mixture is too dry you can add another 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the flavors to marry in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.
- If you would like to serve the chicken salad as a sandwich, place about 1 cup of chicken salad and a few lettuce leaves between two thick slices of wheat bread.