Arby’s Grilled Chicken and Pecan Salad is a new menu item at Arby’s. Arby’s is known for their hearty roast beef sandwiches, but they do so much more than roast beef. They make a delicious nut and fruit filled grilled chicken salad like no one else. Many places skimp on the nuts when they go into a recipe, well, Arby’s knows how to make a chicken salad that is packed with all sorts of tasty ingredients. You can try one of their Market Fresh Grilled Chicken and Pecan Salad sandwiches at home.
You don’t need to limit yourself to just a sandwich with this chicken salad; you could put this in a large tortilla for a wrap. This chicken salad would go well in a submarine bun; I loved this with toasted sourdough bread. Honestly, this goes well only scooped out and placed on a salad. If you don’t happen to have any grilled chicken around, you could use leftover chicken that you may have from a baked chicken. If you need to grill your chicken, I will grill up about 1 to 1 1/4 pounds for this recipe. This recipe is very flexible, you could add a little more or a little less of any of these ingredients, and you will come up with a great tasting chicken salad sandwich.
While they do not toast their pecans, I think you could easily bring this salad to the next level by toasting the pecans in a skillet over medium-high heat just until they become fragrant. Allow the pecans to cool completely before preparing the chicken salad.
Arby's Grilled Chicken and Pecan Salad
- 2 1/2 cups chicken breast grilled
- 1 cup of diced red apple
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup of grapes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (juice of one small lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl add diced apple and one tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir lemon juice into apples coating them well. This will help keep the apples from turning brown. Add chicken, sliced grapes, diced celery, and pecans. Mix well until everything is mixed through. Add 1/2 cup mayonnaise, if the mixture is too dry you can add another 1/4 cup of mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Allow flavors to marry in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for about 1 hour before serving.
- o prepare sandwich like Arby's use thickly sliced wheat bread, add a couple of slices of green leaf lettuce, and add about 1 cup of chicken salad to the sandwich. While they do not toast their pecans, I think you could easily bring this salad to the next level by toasting the pecans in a skillet on medium-high heat just until they become fragrant. Allow the pecans to cool completely before preparing the chicken salad.