14 th Ave. Cafe is located in Portland Oregon. You really can make great tasting fried rice at home.
14th Ave Cafe Fried Rice
14 th Ave. Cafe Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 rib chopped celery
- 2 strips chopped bacon
- 2 ounces chopped ham
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 cups cooked white rice 1 1/3 raw rice
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla), available in Asian markets
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Heat a large skillet or wok and add the oil. Add garlic, celery, and bacon and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Add ham and eggs; cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add rice, peas and carrots; toss well to mix thoroughly. Add soy and fish sauces and pepper; stir-fry about 5 minutes. Add green onions; cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes longer or until done.