14 th Ave. Cafe is located in Portland Oregon. You really can make great tasting fried rice at home.
14th Ave Cafe Fried Rice
14 th Ave. Cafe Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 rib chopped celery
- 2 strips chopped bacon
- 2 ounces chopped ham
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 cups cooked white rice 1 1/3 raw rice
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla), available in Asian markets
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Heat a large skillet or wok and add the oil. Add garlic, celery, and bacon and cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Add ham and eggs; cook, stirring, until lightly browned. Add rice, peas and carrots; toss well to mix thoroughly. Add soy and fish sauces and pepper; stir-fry about 5 minutes. Add green onions; cook, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes longer or until done.
I really wish the cafe that i used to work right next to still open it call the 14Th avenue Cafe locate 517 NW 14 and the gal her Name is Ms Mai Some thing She Made The Best Fried Rice it was Publish in the Oregon Magazine I love her Food She is the Best Cook there is no other come close thank you for sharing your recipes
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST RECIPES THERE IS THE 14TH AVE CAFE IN PORTLAND AND I LOVE THE FRIED RICE HERE SHE MADE THE BEST FRIED RICE I JUST LOVE IT THANK YOU SO MUCH
Recently I was really, really low on cash and debts were eating me from all sides! So I ate rice at every meal to save on groceries. This was one of my favorite recipes.