This is a really an inexpensive recipe to prepare. You can enjoy these and have the hulled out potatoes for some mashed potatoes.
Bennigan's Potato Wedges
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup Shredded Colby Cheese
- 4 tablespoon Oscar Meyer Bacon Bits
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash potatoes very well, score them with a knife and bake in an oven for one hour. Remove potatoes and allow them to cool, so that you can handle them.
- When potatoes are cool, cut them in half and scoop out the "meat" of the potato. Be sure to leave at least 1/4" inch of meat on the skin. Spray a baking dish with Pam and place the scooped out halves in the pan. Sprinkle the potatoes with cheese, and bacon. Place the potatoes in a 350-degree oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven. Chop the green onion, and sprinkle them over the potatoes as garnish. Serve with sour cream.