We spotted ham and cheese pinwheels in the party food section at our local Sam’s Warehouse. Then we decided to make homemade ones instead. Ours taste fresher, better, and are less expensive than store-bought. Plus you can make them ahead then slice and serve when ready.
ham and Cheese Tortilla Pinwheels
Pinwheels are one of the best appetizers. You make the roll-ups ahead of time then slice and serve cold. It’s so easy to do and they will disappear quickly!
Horseradish and roasted garlic give these pinwheels extra flavor. Spinach adds both color and healthy touch. No sense in having plain old boring pinwheels when you can make them extraordinary.
This is what you need to make these pinwheels:
- Flour tortillas
- Deli ham
- Swiss cheese
- Cream cheese
- Brown mustard
- Roasted garlic
How to Make Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
Whip cream cheese with mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, salt, garlic, and sugar.
Spread cream cheese mixture on flour tortillas.
Sprinkle spinach on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Place ham on top of spinach.
Place Swiss cheese on top of ham.
Roll up and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Serve and enjoy!
What to Serve with Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
Sliced pickles, olives, and cherry tomatoes are great to serve with pinwheels.
Salsa or Pico de Gallo are fantastic pinwheel toppings. Have the sauce in a bowl next to the pinwheels for people to spoon over them.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Grilled Buffalo Wings
- Garlic Chicken Wing Recipe
- French Onion Soup Dip
- Cheese Rotel Dip
- Chili’s Queso Dip
- Big Mouth Burger Bites
- Pappasito’s Cheese Dip Recipe
- Veggie Pizza Appetizer with Hidden Valley Ranch
- Buffalo Style Meatballs
- Copycat Chipotle Guacamole Recipe
Best Ham Recipes
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels
- 10 Large Flour Tortilla Shells (10" - 12")
- 6 ounces Deli Ham
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese sliced
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Brown Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Prepared Horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Roasted Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- 8 ounces Frozen Spinach (thawed and completely drained of all the liquid)
- Whip cream cheese, add mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish, salt, garlic, and sugar. Spread cheese mixture on flour tortillas. About 3 tablespoons for each tortilla, depending on the size. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of spinach on cheese spread. Place ham near the edge and then the Swiss cheese on top of the ham.
- Begin rolling tortilla. Wrap rolled tortillas in plastic and chill in the refrigerator for several hours until set. The rolls may be made the day before and kept in the refrigerator for several days if sealed. When rolls have been chilled and keep their shape, cut into 3/4 inch slices. Arrange slices on a tray and garnish with pickles, olives, or cherry tomatoes.