These creamy meatballs can be cooked ahead of time and served later. Cook up some noodles and you will have a fine dinner.
Table of Contents
Creamy meatballs are a delicious appetizer or meal when served with noodles. The meatballs are creamy inside and out. Sour cream is both in the meatballs and the sauce.
The simple mushroom sauce is made with sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, and a touch of allspice. All you have to do is stir and pour it over the meatballs. The sauce flavors the meatballs and keeps them from drying out while baking.
This is what you need to make meatballs with creamy mushroom sauce:
- Ground beef
- Bread crumbs
- Sour Cream
- Salt and pepper
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Oil for frying
How to Make Creamy Meatballs
- Combine ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, and sour cream. Shape into balls.
- Brown meatballs in oil.
- Mix together sour cream, allspice, cream of mushroom soup, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mushroom sauce over meatballs in a baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer or with noodles for a delicious dinner.
Love Meatballs? Be sure to check out these Meatball Recipes
- Best Porcupine Meatballs
- Greek Meatballs
- Ikea Meatballs
- Buffalo Style Meatballs
- Olive Garden Meatballs
Popular Ground Beef Recipes
- Southern Meatloaf Recipe
- Sloppy Joe Recipe
- Homemade Ground Beef Casserole
- Homemade Beef Stroganoff
- DIY Hamburger Helper Lasagna
- Stuffed Burgers
- Hashbrown and Hamburger Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (I use a good wheat bread run through a food processor to make medium-fine crumbs)
- 1 cup sour cream divided use
- 1 teaspoon salt and a pinch pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons Oil
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- Combine meat, onion, allspice, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup sour cream, salt, and pepper. Mix; shape into meatballs about 2 inches in diameter and brown in oil and drain on paper towels. Combine the remaining sour cream and the mushroom soup and add just a pinch of ground allspice and mix well. Place meatballs in a baking dish and pour soup mixture over the meatballs. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake 10 minutes longer.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: These work extremely well! Shape meat into meatballs and place in sprayed, microwave-safe dish, cover and cook on high for 10 minutes per pound, stopping at 5 minutes to turn meatballs over in juice. Let stand for a few minutes to reabsorb some of the juice. Remove the meatballs from the dish and mix the soup/sour cream sauce thoroughly with the juice. Return meatballs to the dish and pour some sauce over top. Cover and microwave about 8-10 minutes, or continue with oven directions. I use the microwave to precook the meatballs and the oven to finish them. Works great.
- OVEN DIRECTIONS: To pre-cook the meatballs in the oven, roll them into the size and shape you want, place on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, then place them in a casserole dish with the sauce and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes covered, then uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.