You will not be able to stop eating this salad. Napa cabbage is the base for this salad, so it is nice and crisp, and remains crunchy. The Ramen noodles in this salad help to provide a wonderful crunch.
Chinese Crunch Salad
Thanks to Johnny50 for sharing this salad recipe.
Chinese Crunch Salad = a crisp salad with an oriental dressing is perfect for a summer afternoon.
- 2 pounds Napa Cabbage
- 2 cups green onions chopped
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
- 3 packages Ramen Noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Use a large bowl. The Napa when chopped gains volume. The Base: Chop the head of Napa cabbage coarsely. Discard the very end. Place chopped cabbage into the bowl. Chop both the green onion (the green and white portion), and chop onion and place into the bowl. ies.
- The Crunch; Break up the Ramen noodles and put into a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of butter. Fry them until they are a very light brown, be careful they cook very quickly. Add the slivered almonds until the entire mixture is a light brown. Set aside to cool.
- The Dressing: Place all of the dressing ingredients into a shaker bottle and shake well. If serving right away you can thrown the noodle/almond mixture on top of the Napa/Green Onion mixture. The shake the dressing and pour it on the salad. This makes a large salad so if you feel that you will not eat it all in one sitting - don't mix it all together, just portion everything out and pour a little dressing on each salad. This is great for part