Looking for a barbeque sauce that has a berry flavor? This is a great easy blackberry BBQ sauce is great for ribs, chicken, and pork. I have also used it as a dip for homemade French fries—yum!
Blackberry Barbecue Sauce
Thanks to lotusfather for sharing this recipe.
Blackberry BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup frozen blackberries or marionberries or 1/2 pint fresh, rinsed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup dark or light
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon Pimenton de la Vera (smoked Spanish Paprika)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter (optional)
- Puree all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Transfer the puree to a small saucepan and simmer for one hour, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Let cool and store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for up to one month.