This is the cornbread dressing that I grew up with. Living in the midwest sage and poultry seasoning make up the flavors that I most associate with dressing.
- 6 cups crumbled cornbread
- 4 cups crumbled light bread
- 1 cup celery
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or turkey
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and celery in 2 Tbsp. butter while preparing the ingredients. Them mix all ingredients and pour broth of chicken or turkey giblets and add cooked meat pieces that have been boiled. Stuff turkey or place in a greased roaster pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done. 12 servings
Can you make this ahead of time and cook the day of?
I would cook it on day one, and reheat it on day 2.
I want the Piccadilly recipe for their cornbread dressing. I spend a fortune every year buying upto 15 of those quart size frozen things. Thanks.
Thanksgiving is approaching and I’m still waiting to hear if anyone has the recipe for Golden Corral’s Cornbread Stuffing.
I am sorry I do not have this recipe.
My family really liked this recipe.
I too would like the recipe for Golden Corral’s Stuffing. It looks simple but it is very tasty. Hopefully someone has it and can share it. Thank you
Kelly I am looking for the same recipe. I love that dressing!!!! So if anyone has that recipe please share it with us.
I really wish that I can find the corn bread dressing that Golden Corral makes before thanksgiving does anyone have this recipe. Please.
Gravy, this looks delicious but can you supply the gravy recipe?….Thanks in advance
How much chopped celery do you use?