Junior’s Buffalo Wings are legendary. Junior’s is located in New York City. These classic wings are served with homemade blue cheese salad dressing. You can make these classic buffalo wings at home.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Junior’s is one of New York City’s classic restaurants. If you have never been to Junior’s before you are missing out on a real treat. They are known for their cheesecake. They are a full-service restaurant so you can enjoy many classic diner recipes there.
It’s easier than you might think to recreate these buffalo wings at home. It’s so easy to make famous wings. You can either buy wings at the grocery store and cut them into pieces, or you can buy wing pieces that are already cut into perfect portions.
- Chicken wings
- Oil for frying
- Tomato juice
- White vinegar
- White pepper
- Tabasco Sauce
- Blue Cheese
How to Make Junior’s Chicken Wings
- Deep fry chicken wings in oil until crispy.
- Place wings on paper towels to drain excess oil from wings.
- Combine tomato juice, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, pepper, and Tabasco sauce in a pan.
- Bring wing sauce to a simmer.
- Add wings to the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir together crumbled blue cheese and mayonnaise.
- Serve blue cheese sauce with the hot wings.
You can find many more recipes from the world-famous Junior’s at Amazon Books.
Junior’s Buffalo Wings has the perfect mild sauce
Unlike many hot buffalo wing sauces, this is unique. It is made with tomato juice, ketchup, and Tabasco sauce. The rich tomato sauce is perfect for wings.
What if you do not like wings too spicy? If you are looking for wings on the mild side, these are the wings for you! Junior’s Hot Wings are perfect if you like wings that aren’t so spicy.
Love hot wings? Try these delicious recipes
- Garlic Buffalo Wings
- Boneless Hot Wings
- Buffalo Wings Sports Bar
- How to Make Garlic Wings
- How to Make Lemon Pepper Wing Sauce
- Air Fryer Wings
- Wood Fired Wings
- Honey Sriracha Wings
- Habanero Chicken Wings
- How to Grill Buffalo Wings
Best Junior’s Copycat Recipes
Junior's Buffalo Wings
- oil for frying
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons Tabasco Sauce
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer according to the manufacturer's instructions. Or, if you're using a skillet, pour in about an inch of oil and heat over medium-high heat to 370 degrees.
- Cut up chicken wings into three parts, discard wing tip. Add the chicken wings and cook them until golden brown and crisp on both sides, about 8 minutes in all. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the wings to paper towels to drain off any excess oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a large saucepan and stir over medium-high heat until the sauce begins to simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken wings. Simmer the dish until it's hot throughout, about 10 minutes.
- To make the Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce: Stir the mayonnaise and the bleu cheese together. Use right away or chill until serving time.