Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms some of the best known stuffed mushrooms. These stuffed mushrooms have been on the menu at the Olive Garden for many years now. You can make these at home for much less than at the restaurant. They are easy to make, and you can make as many as you want.
Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms have been on the menu at the Olive Garden for many years now and are some of the most loved stuffed mushrooms. Everyone loves stuffed mushrooms, and you can make these at home for much less than you’d pay at the restaurant.
They are quite easy to make, and, what’s more, you can stuff as many mushrooms as you like. These seafood stuffed mushrooms make perfect appetizers or snacks for your next party.
About the Olive Garden Restaurant
The first Olive Garden opened up in Orlando, and the rest is history. There are now more than 800 Olive Gardens across North America. What’s better than eating a heaping bowl of pasta and drinking wine with all your favorite people at the Olive Garden? The Olive Garden lives up to its motto:
An idealized Italian family meal, whether you’re Italian or not!
Why this copycat Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms recipe works
This recipe for stuffed mushrooms works because it has a lot more flavor than your everyday stuffed mushroom. The addition of different cheeses and the flavor of clams really adds a lot of unique flavor to this much-loved appetizer.
Here’s what you need to make clam stuffed mushrooms:
- Green onion
- Fresh garlic
- Garlic salt
- Italian bread crumbs
- Oregano leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- Romano cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
What Kinds of Mushrooms are Best for Stuffing?
When making appetizer-sized stuffed mushrooms, large white button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms are most commonly used. If you want larger stuffed mushrooms, you can use portobello mushrooms.
When buying mushrooms, look for ones that are firm and plump because this indicates freshness.
Mushrooms need to be cleaned thoroughly before stuffing. A soft brush or a dishcloth can be used to remove dirt from the mushroom cap. Once cleaned, mushrooms should be given a rinse under cold water and allowed to dry before being stuffed.
- Fresh mushrooms may be stored in a plastic bag for 3 to 4 days in your refrigerator.
- Purchase mushrooms without any blemishes because they will last longer if you aren’t going to cook with them the first day.
How to Make Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms
- Wash the mushrooms, remove the stems, and pat dry. Save the stems for another recipe.
- Drain the clams and reserve the liquid.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the clams, green onion, minced garlic, garlic, salt, butter, and oregano.
- Add egg, breadcrumbs, and clam juice and mix everything together.
- Add the cheeses into the clam stuffing and stir until well blended.
- Place the clam mixture in each mushroom cavity and make it into a small mound.
- Place the mushrooms in a lightly oiled baking dish and pour melted butter over the mushrooms.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle the mushrooms with freshly grated mozzarella cheese. Place the dish back in the oven until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Love stuffed mushrooms? Try these recipes
- Sausage Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Ham and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Ritz Cracker Stuffed Mushrooms
- Vegetable Stuffed Mushrooms
Popular Mushroom Recipes
Favorite Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
- DIY Olive Garden Alfredo
- Cappellini Pomodoro
- Fried Mozzarella
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Olive Garden Soup Recipes
Olive Garden Stuffed Mushrooms
- 9 ounces mushrooms
- 6 ounces clams drained
- 1 tablespoon green onion chopped fine
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 tablespoon Romano cheese finely grated
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese finely grated for stuffing
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese finely grated for garnish
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- Wash the mushrooms, remove the stems, and pat dry. Save the stems for another recipe. Drain the clams and reserve the liquid.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together clams, green onion, minced garlic, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon soft butter, and oregano. Add egg, breadcrumbs, and clam juice and mix everything together. Stir the cheeses into the clam stuffing until well blended.
- Place the clam mixture in each mushroom cavity and make it into a small mound. You should be able to stuff between 8 and 12 mushrooms depending on the size of the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms in a lightly-oiled baking dish. Pour 1/4 cup melted butter over the mushrooms.
- Cover and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for about 35 – 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle the mushrooms with freshly grated mozzarella cheese. Pop them back in the oven until the cheese is just slightly melted.
- Garnish with freshly diced parsley.