During my last several trips to the Houston, off of Richmond, on Saturday mornings. I have fallen in love with this Pimento cheese spread. What makes this spread special? This is a creamy spread that tastes nothing like the grocery store variety that you normally find, this is the kind you want to serve at a party.
I love this pimento cheese spread, it isn’t orange like you find in a grocery store, it is white and creamy, and packed full of flavor. I have enjoyed this on crackers, or even on an open-faced sandwich lightly toasted in the oven. Fresh ingredients make all of the difference. This sandwich is flavored simply, with red and green onions, and a touch of black pepper.
White cheddar cheese may not be crucial to this, I imagine other cheddars would work well. I have made this Kerry Gold White Cheddar cheese and loved this pimento cheese spread. I hope you enjoy this as well. Now if you can get to the farmers market in Houston, be sure to stop at this lady’s booth, she also has some lovely Meyer Lemon hummus!
Love Pimento Cheese? Try these Pimento Cheese inspired recipes
Farmers Market Pimento Cheese Spread
- 8 ounces white aged cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon green onions finely diced green tops
- 2 tablespoons drained pimento pepper slices
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl grate cheese, and stir in mayonnaise. Add chopped red onion, chopped green onion tops, and black pepper and stir together well. Drain the pimento pepper slices very well, you do not want them wet with their liquid when you add them to the salad, this will discolor your salad.
- Stir in pimento peppers gently. For the best flavor let this rest overnight in your refrigerator before serving. This will last for about 1 week in your refrigerator. You may want to serve this with crackers, bread, or even crisp celery. Other wonderful stops at this farmers market at the local food vendors, there are some incredible taco trucks that stop here in the morning!