Cheddar Cheese Jell-O Salad has been a recipe for Jell-O salad in my family archives for as long as I can remember. You can recreate this retro recipe in no time flat.
When I was growing up it wasn’t a holiday or a special occasion without a fun Jell-O salad. Jell-O is simple to make, and with a few mixed in ingredients, you can turn an ordinarily canned pineapple into something far more magical than it is straight from the can.
This particular Jell-O salad is made with cherry Jell-O, a small 8 ounce can of pineapple, and lots of fresh miniature marshmallows. It’s hard to beat the familiar flavors of this treat.
This Jell-O salad is topped with an 8-ounce container of Cool Whip, and a light dusting of shredded Cheddar cheese tops this fun Jell-O salad.
I really served this Jell-O salad at an evening party, and it got thumbs up from all of the guests.
Love Jell-O salads? Check out these other Jell-O salad recipes
Cheddar Cheese Jell-O Salad
Cheddar Cheese Jell-O Salad is a classic Jell-O salad everyone loves.
- 1 large box Jell-O, cherry
- 1 can crushed pineapple drained save some juice
- 10 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated, finely
- Mix Jell-O as usual and add crushed pineapple. Let set for 30 minutes when almost set add and mix in marshmallows, and then let set fully. Before serving top with whip cream and cheese.