Simon and Seafort’s Salad with Mustard Dressing is a great take on the ever famous spinach salad with hot bacon dressing, but this recipe has a twist.
Simon and Seafort’s is a well-known recipe in Alaska. Not everyone can easily go there, but you can enjoy their food at home.
If you love Hot Bacon Dressing and Spinach salad, you are going to love this mustard salad dressing that is served warm and poured over a salad. What makes this recipe different is that you use the egg yolks as part of the salad dressing. This means you will have a thick and creamy salad dressing to pour over the salad.
This mustard salad dressing is sweet and savory. Homemade salad dressings really do taste better. This one you could control the amount of sugar that you serve in the salad dressing. This salad could be made with either Romane or Spinach, both will work well.
What I really think makes this salad super unique is the use of croutons on this salad. The croutons really adds a heartiness to the salad.
Simon and Seafort’s Salad with Mustard Dressing
You can make Simon and Seafort’s Salad with Mustard Dressing at home. It's hard to beat this warm hot bacon dressing on romaine leaves.
- 3 hard-cooked hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 16 ounces romaine leaves
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup croutons
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup warm bacon drippings
- Separate hard-cooked eggs into white and yolks. chop whites; set aside. Combine yolk with mustard, vinegar and sugar in food processor until smooth. Combine romaine and croutons with egg-mustard dressing, then lightly mix in the warm bacon drippings. Sprinkle top of salad with egg white, chopped green onion and bacon pieces. Serves 4A recent viewer suggested:However, from my memory, the salad is made with spinach rather than romaine lettuce. The tender trimmed leaves are washed, dried, and placed on a chilled metal plate and served with a lower plate to help maintain the correct serving temperature. This salad is a delightful full bodied basic salad that will empress anyone.