Overstuffed mushrooms are filled with ham salad and cream cheese, perfect for those looking for a low carb mushroom option.
Looking for low-carb and keto friendly appetizers? Look no further. These low carb friendly overstuffed mushrooms are going to fit the bill. Eating low carb never means having to sacrifice flavor. You can enjoy stuffed mushrooms all over again.
These mushrooms are stuffed with canned ham salad, cream cheese, olives, onion powder, and a touch of turmeric. The turmeric gives these mushrooms a beautiful color. You can use small button mushrooms, baby portabello mushrooms, or you could even use a large portabello mushroom if you wanted to turn this into a main dish.
Variations on overstuffed mushrooms
- Add is some jalapeno peppers if you like them spicy
- A small sprinkle of smoked paprika or smoked chipotle powder for variety
- Swap canned ham salad for canned corn beef salad
- Add in small cooked shrimp
Looking for more great keto and low carb appetizers? Be sure to check out some of my favorites.
Overstuffed Mushrooms – stuffed with ham and cream cheese.
- 2 pounds medium sized fresh mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 1/2 ounces deviled ham
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped stuffed olives
- 1 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse, pat dry and remove stems from mushrooms (use in soup, etc), set caps aside. In a medium bowl mix cream cheese, ham, olives, mustard, onion powder, turmeric and black pepper. Spoon or pipe into mushroom caps.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Garnish with sliced green onions or pimentos. Makes about a 18 large mushrooms or about 40 small mushrooms.