The Black Eyed Pea Broccoli Cheese Soup is a favorite of so many. You can enjoy this rich soup at home with this easy copycat recipe.
The Black Eyed Pea Restaurant is known for its home cooking. Sometimes when you go out for dinner you want to enjoy the way you imagine the best home-cooked means are. Sadly many of their locations have closed recently. But there are a few copycat recipes that are available including this one for their much-loved broccoli cheese soup.
Table of Contents
What Makes the Black Eyed Pea Broccoli Cheese Soup So Good?
What makes this soup so good? It is the creamy melted cheese goodness in this soup. You won’t find a Broccoli Cheese Soup that has more of a cheesy flavor.
The recipe recommends Velveeta cheese, but you could swap this out for American cheese that you find in a grocery store’s deli. Either way, you are going to be very pleased with the two different types of cheese.
Love the Black Eyed Pea Restaurant? Try more copycat recipes
More copycat restaurant soup recipes to try:
- Chilis Southwest Chicken Soup
- Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- Panera Creamy Tomato Soup
- Carrabba’s Sausage and Lentil Soup
Black Eyed Pea Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon sat
- 1/2 cup cornstarch mixed with 1 cup water
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 pound pasteurized processed cheese (Velveeta)
- Steam broccoli until tender. Place half-and-half and water in top of double boiler. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Heat until cheese is melted. Add broccoli. Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl. Stir into cheese mixture in double boiler and heat over simmering water until soup thickens.