Buffalo Chicken Pizza can be made at home, and guess what, it is easy to do. This game day inspired pizza will taste better than any pizza place that you could call out to, and you know, making pizza doesn’t take long, not long at all.
Table of Contents
The best game day pizza!
This recipe was sent in by Christi, this is her special dish for making buffalo chicken pizza. Blue cheese dressing, is the sauce, chicken perfectly seasoned with red hot sauce and butter top this pizza. This is a favorite of ours – it combines buffalo wings and pizza. Two great game day snacks combined into one, what could be better than that?
What type of sauce do you use in buffalo chicken wing pizza?
Did you know you don’t always need to use the traditional tomato sauce for pizza? You can use toppings for pizza. You could use olive oil, Alfredo sauce, or even cheese. In this pizza, we are using buffalo sauce. Our sauce is simply Frank’s red hot sauce and butter.
Variations on this famous pizza
You can easily make a couple of swaps to make this recipe your own. If you love garlic, add some garlic to the sauce as you cook it. Blue cheese, not your favorite cheese? Swap the blue cheese for Monterey Jack cheese.
Do you love pizza? Check out these pizza recipes
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1/2 cup red hot sauce (**Frank's Red Hot Sauce is excellent**)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 pound of chicken breasts boiled and shredded or 2 large cans of chicken, drained
- 1/3 cup Blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup Blue cheese crumbles
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped Chives
- 1 pound pizza dough
Buffalo Style Sauce
- Combine the hot sauce and the butter in a medium-sized pot over low heat. Add the shredded chicken. Stir to combine. Heat the chicken through.
Topping the pizza
- Roll out the pizza dough and spread 1/3 cup of blue cheese dressing to cover the dough, leaving the edges uncovered for the crust.
- Spread the chicken around evenly on the pizza dough, then top with 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles.
Baking the pizza
- Bake according to pizza dough directions, or at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes (watch for the crust to get golden brown).
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with finely sliced chives. Set out extra wing sauce & blue cheese dressing for people to dip their pizza in, too!