Gluten Free Poor Man’s Krabby Patty is a wonderful way to enjoy tuna, ever had a crab cake? While this isn’t made of crab it is wonderfully savory and light and makes a wonderful tuna patty. This would go well in a sandwich, or even served alone just like it is. If you like gluten-free alternatives, this is the perfect tuna patty for you.
Love Crab Cakes? The Krabby patty is the budget option to the luxury flavor of the crab cake. You can make delicious tuna patties quickly. It’s easy how to make a Krabby patty! These fish patties are made with lots of fresh ingredients.
Secret to delicious krabby patties!
Flake the tuna very well, then season it with salt, pepper, and dill. I like to flake the tuna with the spices and herbs to the flavor really mixes in very well.
After the seasonings like I to add the fresh vegetables and the moist ingredients. I combine everything together, making sure to flake the tuna very well. This way I know the ingredients are distributed very well. Then I mix in the gluten-free breadcrumbs.
After the breadcrumbs are added to the tuna, you can form the tuna into as many patties as you desire. You could shape them into anywhere from 4 to 6 patties. I like shaping them into smaller patties so they cook more quickly.
Next, I cook the tuna patties. I drizzle some olive oil into a cast-iron skillet and cook these for a few minutes on each side, and you will soon have some delicious tuna patties.
Looking for ideas to serve with tuna patties? Try some of these great recipes.
Gluten Free Poor Man's Krabby Patty
- 6 ounces tuna I prefer albacore
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned Gluten Free 'bread' crumbs, or your favorite GF cereal like Chex, crushed
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise Hellman's is gluten free
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, optional
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce Lea & Perrins is gluten free), optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine tuna, egg, bread crumbs, onion, celery, red bell pepper, mayonnaise, hot chili sauce, chili sauce, dill, salt, pepper, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties (mixture will be very soft and delicate). Refrigerate for 30 minutes to make the patties easier to handle, if desired can be made up a day or two in advance.
- Coat a cast iron skillet with cooking spray, oil or butter(just enough to coat not shallow frying); fry tuna patties for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. These are fragile, so be careful when turning them. Then I pop them into the oven for 5-10 minutes. Using a cast iron skillet makes it even easier. Serve plain or on gluten-free buns.