Hooters hot wings make a different kind of hot wing than you normally find. Hooters hot wings are battered. Most hot wing recipes simply fry the wings. But, by adding this crispy batter to the Hooters hot wings, the outside of the wing gives you more flavor and more crunchy bits!
How To Make Hooter’s Hot Wings at Home
I love cracking popular recipes at home. I especially love making these wings at game day parties or as a fun finger-food snack. Hooters really does have amazing wings, there’s no denying it. And now I don’t have to leave home to eat them.
What is in hooters hot wings?
Here’s what I used in my copycat Hooters recipe.
- Chicken wings
- Flour – I used both wheat flour and all-purpose flour.
- Spices – I combined salt, paprika, and cayenne pepper. This is what gives it the heat!
How do you heat up hooters wings?
These taste the best if you serve them fresh. Since they are deep-fried in a batter, don’t reheat them in the microwave. The microwave will just turn them mushy and mess up the crispy texture.
Store your homemade wings in an airtight container – whether a tub or a resealable plastic bag – in the refrigerator. Keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
To reheat the wings, bake them in the oven at 350°F for about 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn.
Not spicy enough for you?
If you want to increase the heat and make your Hooters wings even spicier, sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top.
Or add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce, such as Tobasco. Top with sliced jalapenos and you have some super-spicy hot wings.
Love Hooters? Be sure to check out these Hooters Recipes
Ever wonder how to make Hooter’s food at home? Here are some of their most popular recipes so now you can make them yourself.
- Hooters Fried Pickles – This is a family-favorite
- Hooters Special Dipping Sauce – Serve the dipping sauce with the fried pickles and some homemade french fries.
Share this Hooters recipe with your friends. Pin it to Pinterest or share it on Facebook. Everyone will love it!
Hot Wings Recipe
This is about to become your favorite wings recipe you ever make! There’s a reason so many people love it so much. And you’re about to find out.
Hooters Hot Wings
- 5 pounds chicken wings cut into two pieces, the drumette, and the wing portion
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flours, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper together, and blend well. Cut chicken wings into drumettes and flappers. Wash and drain chicken. Coat chicken in flour mixture; refrigerate chicken wings for 90 minutes.
- Cut chicken wings into drumettes and flappers. Wash and drain chicken.
- Coat chicken in flour mixture; refrigerate chicken wings for 90 minutes.
- When ready to deep fry chicken wings, heat oil to 375 degrees. Place chicken pieces in hot oil, but do not crowd. Fry chicken wings until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain.
- When all wings have been fried, place in a large bowl. Add Hot Sauce mixture and mix completely. Use a fork or tongs to place chicken pieces on a serving platter. Serve immediately and with lots of paper towels.