Are you looking for a new recipes for jalapeno poppers? These bacon wrapped baked jalapeno peppers are stuffed with little smokies and cheese. These are a perfect addition to your next game or movie night.
Jalapeno poppers are one of the most sought after appetizer dishes when served at a party. I love these, they are easy to put together, and when I serve these, the dish always comes back empty. One thing I just love about jalapeno poppers is their endless variety. There are so many ways you can put these together.
These are stuffed jalapeno peppers are not fried, these can be baked your grilled. These are stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and little smokies. When making these I like to add just a touch of chipotle powder. Chipotles are smoked jalapeno peppers. They give a wonderfully smokey flavor without too much heat.
You can cook these either in the oven or on the grill. When I bake these I bake these at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Sometimes if the peppers are a little larger I may bake these for a little longer. You definitely want to cook these until the bacon is done. If you grill these I like I cook them about about 1/3 of the full heat of the grill, and I like to leave the lid shut to the heat radiates over the whole pepper.
If you are looking for other great jalapeno ideas be sure to check out some of these recipes.
Recipes for Jalapeno Poppers
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokie Baked Jalapeno Poppers
Perfect for your next game night, tailgating, or party these bacon wrapped little smokies will go fast.
- 25 jalapenos washed, sliced in half and seeds removed
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 12 ounces bacon cut in half
- 16 ounces little smokies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and cut the jalapenos. Slice jalapenos in half and scoop out seeds and pith if you desire a less spicy popper. In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Stir in chipotle powder. Fill each jalapeno half with about 1 to 2 teaspoons cream cheese. Place 1 smokie in each jalapeno. Wrap jalapeno with half slice of bacon.Either bake or grill the jalapenos. If baking bake for about 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Or until bacon is fully cooked and the pepper is tender.