Anthony’s Coal Fired Wings are the perfect baked chicken wing to make for an appetizer or light meal.
Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza does it right with these wings. The first time I had them, I knew I wanted to recreate them at home so I could enjoy them whenever I had the craving. They are roasted in an extremely hot pizza oven, so they have little bits of char on them. Delicious!
I cannot go to Anthony’s without ordering these wings. The first time I had them, I couldn’t get over how delicious they were and yet so simple. What sets them apart is they are not deep-fried or coated in sauce, which makes me feel a little less guilty when I eat them.
Roasting in a hot oven instead of deep-frying, as with regular wings, is what sold me. They are so full of flavor and the skin is incredibly crispy, making these wings a certain crowd-pleaser.
In addition to the crispy outside, a simple marinade with garlic, rosemary, parsley, and lemon juice gives deep flavor to the inside. These wings do require a 24-hour marinade, but the wait is worth it.
These crispy baked wings are topped with a generous amount of sweet caramelized onions and fresh parsley. It’s a finishing touch that makes them extraordinary.
I really love chicken wings and these are without question my absolute favorite. Most of us aren’t fortunate enough to own a pizza oven. To recreate that smoky char, your oven must be as hot as possible.
Do you love wings? Check out these recipes:
- Garlic Butter Chicken Wings
- How to Make Good Lemon Pepper Wings
- How to Make Buffalo Wings on the Grill
- Hooters Wings
- Pluckers Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Honey Sriracha Wings
- Best Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Juniors Chicken Wings
- Wings with Honey Habanero Sauce
Baked Chicken Recipes
This recipe was created by Cheryl Bennet of Pooks Pantry.
Anthony's Coal Fired Wings
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings approximately 2 dozen
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Caramelized Onions and Chopped Parsley for Garnish
- 2 cups yellow onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Make the Marinade: Place chicken wings in a gallon sized zip top bag. Combine all ingredients, except the wings, in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade into bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning once to make sure the wings are evenly coated with marinade.
- Make the Caramelized Onions: In a medium sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, salt and pepper. Cook over medium/medium-low heat for 30 minutes, or until onions are deep golden brown. Set aside to cool Make the Wings: Preheat oven to 500°F. Remove wings from marinade and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, flip over and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven, top with caramelized onions and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.