Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza & Wings does it right with these wings. They are the perfect baked chicken wing to make for an appetizer or light meal.
What sets Anthony’s Coal Fired Chicken Wings apart is they are not deep-fried or coated in sauce!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
What Makes Anthony’s Coal Fired Wings So Good?
These are not fried chicken wings; instead, they are roasted in a hot oven! As a result, you have incredibly crispy and flavorful chicken. A simple marinade with garlic, rosemary, parsley, and lemon juice adds deep flavor to the inside of the meat.
These crispy baked wings are topped with a generous amount of sweet caramelized onions and fresh parsley. It’s a finishing touch that makes them extraordinary.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You might’ve thought it’s impossible to make Anthony’s wings recipe without a pizza oven but think again! You can recreate that smoky char as long as you get your oven as hot as possible.
This recipe is impressive because you can also recreate the complex flavor of the chicken that you enjoy at the restaurant.
It all comes down to the magic of a marinade. Though these wings require a 24-hour marinade, the wait is worth it for the crispy outside and delicious inside. They are sure to please any crowd!
Ingredients for Coal Fired Wings
Here’s what you will need for the wings:
- Chicken wings
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Dried rosemary
- Fresh lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
And here’s what you will need for the caramelized onions:
- Yellow onion
- Canola oil
- Black pepper
How To Make Anthony’s Wings
- Prepare the marinade by whisking all ingredients together in a large nonreactive bowl, except for the chicken wings.
- Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized zip-top bag and pour marinade over them.
- Toss everything to coat the chicken and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized sauté pan over medium heat to make the caramelized onions.
- Add the onions along with some salt and pepper.
- Cook them on medium-low heat for around 30 minutes or until they turn deep golden brown.
- Set the onions aside to cool.
- For the wings, preheat your oven to 500°F.
- Take the wings out of the marinade and place them in a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Bake them for 12 minutes, flip them over, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once done, take the wings out of the oven.
- Cover wings with caramelized onions and chopped parsley.
What To Serve With Coal Fired Wings
If you want to enjoy these wings just like at Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, serve them with freshly baked focaccia bread.
Or, pair these delicious wings with other dishes such as Caesar salad, onion rings, or Margherita pizza to make it a meal. Since the wings are garlicky, they taste incredible with alfredo pizza with white sauce instead of Italian tomato sauce.
How To Store Leftover Copycat Anthony’s Wings
Although you can use a gallon-sized bag to store these, I recommend using a sealed container so they don’t all pile onto each other as much.
Using an airtight container instead of a bag also keeps food fresh longer because you don’t have to worry about the seal accidentally opening! Keep them in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or the freezer for up to 6 months.
What’s The Best Way To Reheat The Coal Fired Wings?
For the best possible outcome, reheat these wings in the oven! You can pull them out of the refrigerator 10-15 minutes before cooking, while you preheat your oven to 375°F.
This helps the wings reach room temperature. Place chicken wings on a baking sheet or in a baking dish and spread them out. Heat the wood fired wings for 5 minutes, flip them, then cook them five minutes longer. From there, you can determine if they need a few minutes longer. The internal temp should be 165°F.
Do you love wings? Check out these recipes:
- Garlic Butter Chicken Wings
- How to Make Good Lemon Pepper Wings
- How to Make Buffalo Wings on the Grill
- Hooters Wings
- Pluckers Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Honey Sriracha Wings
- Best Boneless Buffalo Wings
- Juniors Chicken Wings
- Wings with Honey Habanero Sauce
Baked Chicken Recipes
This recipe was created by Cheryl Bennet of Pooks Pantry.
Anthony’s Coal Fired Wings
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings approximately 2 dozen
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Caramelized Onion and Chopped Parsley Garnish
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized zip-top bag.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients for the wings in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the marinade over the wings in the zip-top bag and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning once to make sure the wings are evenly coated.
- To make the caramelized onions, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, or until the onions are a deep golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- Remove the wings from marinade and place them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Flip over and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with caramelized onions and a sprinkle of chopped parsley.