Chili’s is known for their flavor. Our version of this recipe has that wonderful flavor of Chili’s.
Chili’s Awesome Blossom
Make your own Chili's Awesome Blossom t home.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 Prepared Onion
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarsely Ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Seasoned Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- vegetable oil for frying
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Onion may be sliced like a blossom by cutting the top 1/4 off, the top has the stem. Then peel and be very careful to leave the root intact. Carefully slice from the top of the onion down but stop about 1/2" before you get to the root, taking care not to cut through the root. Slice the rest of the onion like a pie into many servings. When complete soak onion in cold ice water for 1/2 hour so the onion's petals will start to open up and bloom. Drain onion and dip in flour mixture and dust well. Dip onion then in buttermilk and back in flour mixture. Place in hot oil and fry until golden. Oil should cover onion. When done drain well and place on plate and cut center out of onion so the petals may easily be removed.
- Mix all together and serve in the middle of the onion blossom. Garnish with paprika and just a dash of red pepper.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3% | Vitamin C: 0.5% | Calcium: 4.5% | Iron: 8.2%