Pancake puppies are from Denny’s and it is the first restaurant I know that is selling an appetizer for breakfast. These blueberry pancake puppies with white chocolate chips are a tasty treat.
What Are Pancake Puppies?
Denny’s Pancake puppies are balls of pancake batter that are fried until crispy and then rolled in powdered sugar. There are currently two flavors, plain, and then this one, the blueberry and white chocolate pancake puppies.
Denny’s Blueberry Pancake Puppies with White Chocolate Chips
If you like fresh hot donuts, you will enjoy these pancake puppies. While you may feel completely guilty eating these, it won’t be too hard, these are crispy, sweet, and most likely the most unusual way you will ever prepare pancakes.
Denny’s Blueberry White Chocolate Chip Pancake Puppies
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups Krustez blueberry pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium sized pot, add 4 cups of oil, and heat oil to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl combine pancake mix, water, and white chocolate chips and mix until blended.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out pancake batter and drop it into hot oil.
- When the pancake dough ball turns brown on the bottom side, flip over using a slotted spoon, and cook until the other side has been browned.
- Remove cooked pancake puppies and drain them on paper towels.
- Roll puppies in powdered sugar and top with any remaining powder sugar.
- Serve with your favorite pancake syrup.