Have you ever wondered how to make Alfredo Sauce? Guess what? This pasta sauce is super easy to make!
Table of Contents
Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe
Did you know it’s really easy to make Alfredo sauce? In the time that it takes you to cook the pasta you can make an amazing Alfredo sauce. Don’t buy the sauce from the jar, you can make Alfredo sauce that tastes just like it came out of a restaurant at home.
You can learn how to make this creamy cheese sauce for a very tasty plate of pasta at home.
Here’s what you need to make Alfredo sauce served with pasta:
- Heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, optional
- Ground white pepper, optional
- Dried pasta
The key to the best alfredo sauce is good-quality ingredients.
Use heavy cream also known as whipping cream. Do not substitute it with half-and-half.
Make sure you get real butter and not margarine.
Do use good-quality butter and cream. I have found that buying them relatively close to when you make the dish is a good idea. Sometimes butter and cream can pick up flavors from your fridge.
With the Parmesan cheese, be sure to use a quality brand.
Also, a block of Parmesan that you grate is better than anything that comes pre-shredded. Pre-shredded and grated parmesan has anti-caking agents that will keep the sauce from being as smooth as it should be. So take the time to shred it yourself. Do not use the type of cheese that comes in a can.
Please, use fresh Parmesan cheese. You will be rewarded with a flavorful sauce if you do.
How to Make Alfredo Sauce
- Melt the butter and heavy cream in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Add half of the Parmesan cheese and cook the sauce over low to medium heat until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and pour it into a bowl. You do not need to rinse your pasta.
- Add Alfredo sauce to the pasta.
- Stir to combine the sauce and pasta.
- Season it with salt and white pepper if desired.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Mixing the sauce with the pasta is an Italian way to serve up this particular dish. It coats the pasta well and gives you a delicious bit of sauce in every bite.
You can make delicious Alfredo sauce at home following these directions.
Easy to Make Pasta Sauce
I often get asked about how to make certain types of food or what recipes are really easy. Here is one that I always pass out to people.
It is simple to make Alfredo Sauce and it turns out very well no matter if you are a highly experienced cook or if you are just a beginner.
If you are in a jam and need dinner in a hurry, you can make this sauce more quickly than you can cook the pasta.
Alfredo sauce is a great way to use leftovers. If you have some cooked chicken, you could add it to this pasta recipe.
More Alfredo Recipes
- Crab Fettuccine Alfredo
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- Pasta House Fettuccine Alfredo
- Seafood Alfredo Recipe
- Steak Alfredo Pasta
Favorite Italian Recipes
- Chicken Margherita
- Olive Garden Lasagna
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi
- Italian Rice Balls
- Italian Sausage
- Shrimp Carbonara
- Tuscany Soup
How to Make Alfredo Sauce from Scratch
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 3/4 pound butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground white pepper optional
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter and heavy cream in a medium saucepan. Stir constantly to prevent the sauce from burning.
- Add 1 cup of the Parmesan and cook over low to medium heat until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and place it into a bowl.
- Add the Alfredo sauce to the pasta.
- Stir or toss to combine the sauce and pasta.
- If you like, you can season it with salt and white pepper.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese when serving.