Instant Pot Garlic Pepperoncini Beef is a recipe I recently developed after re-making a favorite slow-cooker recipe. You are going to love not too spicy beef with just the right touch of garlic.
This recipe was originally found on my message board, CopyKatChat.com. The original recipe was for the slow cooker and I will include those directions below.
This recipe is super simple, you will need a roast, I used a top round roast, but this would well with a chuck roast, sirloin roast, or eye of round. Honestly, thanks to the Instant Pot, any type of roast will work.
You will need some fresh garlic and pepperoncini peppers. The peppers aren’t too hot, but they add a wonderful tang to the beef.
You will also need chicken stock and vegetable oil.
How to Make Pepperoncini Beef in an Instant Pot
I start by sauteeing the beef in a bit of vegetable oil. Then I simply add in the garlic, chicken stock, and pepperoncini peppers.
I like the way chicken stock compliments the flavor of beef. You may want to consider using a low sodium version of the stock, you can even use a no-salt version as well.
This recipe calls for cooking the roast on the manual setting. The manual setting uses high pressure. I like to use the manual setting because I feel like I have more control than using the manual setting when it comes to a roast. I do use their suggested settings for rice, steaming, and many of the other functions on the pot.
Cook the beef on manual high pressure for 70 minutes. Use either a natural or quick pressure release.
slow cooker Instructions
Saute roast in a pan, and transfer it to the slow cooker. Add garlic, peppers, and chicken stock. Cook on low for about 6 – 7 hours.
I have a couple of serving suggestions for this beef, you can enjoy it as a pot roast. Or you may want to slice it and use it for sandwiches, wraps, or salads. I served up mine on toasted onion buns with provolone cheese.
Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
- Tender Beef Tips
- Pot Roast with Brown Gravy
- Best Ever Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Corned Beef Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Yellow Thai Curry
- Instant Pot Pork Loin
- Instant Pot Cheese Risotto
- Instant Pot Butter Rice
Tasty Beef Recipes
- How to Cook Brisket
- Southern Chicken Fried Steak
- How to Make a Tender Roast in the Oven
- Beef Shank
Instant Pot Garlic Pepperoncini Beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds beef roast
- 2 tablespoons garlic roughly chopped
- 10 ounces pepperoncini peppers
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Select saute on your Instant Pot, and add the vegetable oil. When the Instant Pot has gotten hot, saute all sides of the roast until it has browned. Add garlic, pepperoncini (the peppers and all of the liquid), and the chicken stock. Cook on manual high pressure for 70 minutes. Perform a quick or natural release. Serve immediately.