Do you love tender beef tips and gravy? They are easy to make in an Instant Pot or slow cooker. Serve over noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes for a delicious dinner.
I love to make tender beef tips and gravy, I think they are a delicious meal that tastes good the first night and you can reheat this dinner later.
You can make very lean or tough cuts of beef tender with an Instant Pot pressure cooker. So for this recipe, you can use sirloin, the eye of round, or your preferred cut of lean beef.
How to make tender beef tips and gravy in an Instant Pot
This recipe for how to make beef tips and rice is very easy.
Simply cut your beef into small bite-sized pieces.
Then season the beef with a little salt and pepper.
Then make some seasoned flour and dredge the beef in the flour, and saute the beef.
We will then add 1 carton of beef stock and some chopped onions to the Instant Pot.
Then we will cook the beef.
How to make tender beef tips and gravy in a slow cooker
Please use the same ingredients as listed below.
For this recipe season your flour as mentioned in the recipe, then brown the meat in a large skillet in small batches with some vegetable oil.
Add the beef broth you will simmer for 4 to 6 hours on low.
If the liquid hasn’t thickened up to your desire, you can thicken it up by mixing 1 tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of flour that has been mixed together. Stir this into the beef broth, and it will thicken up the liquid in the slow cooker.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Recommended products for this recipe
I love my Instant Pot and I have found Gravy Master for sale at my local Kroger store. It isn’t super common, but I think Gravy Master helps to add a little something to the recipe.
Check out some of my popular Instant Pot recipes
- Stick of Butter Rice in an Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- Best Ever Instant Pot Wendy’s Chili Copycat Recipe
Make Tender Beef Tips and Gravy
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 pounds lean chuck roast
- 48 ounces beef stock
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons gravy master
- 1 cup onions chopped
- 16 ounces noodles or rice for serving
- In a small bowl add flour, salt, and pepper. Stir the salt and pepper into the flour. Cut and trim roast into small bite-sized pieces. Dredge beef pieces in seasoned flour shake off excess flour.
Instant Pot Directions
- Set the Instant Pot to saute, add oil. When the oil has heated drop in several pieces of the beef. Cook seasoned beef on all sides until lightly browned. Cook beef in small batches. When all of the beef is cooked add it back to the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of onion, two teaspoons of Gravy Master, and beef stock. Place lid on high and cook for 15 minutes on high pressure. Release pot after cooking with either a quick release or a natural release.
Slow Cooker Directions
- Brown the beef in a large skillet in small batches with some vegetable oil. Add the browned beef, beef broth, onion, and Gravy Master to the slow cooker. Cook for 4 to 6 hours on low.
- If the liquid hasn't thickened up to your desired consistency, you can thicken it up by mixing 1 tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of flour together. Stir this into the liquid and it will thicken up the gravy in the slow cooker.
- Prepare noodles or rice according to package instructions.
- Serve beef tips and gravy over noodles or rice.