Are you new to the Instant Pot? Are you looking for new Instant Pot recipes? I have one for you, it is my Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Loin.
Pork loins are often an inexpensive cut of pork that you can turn into a variety of different meals. I love the flavor of hard cider, and there is a marriage made in heaven when you combine pork and apple flavors together. This way to prepare this lean cut of pork is perfect for any night of the week.
This recipe is flavored with onions, garlic, and hard cider. If you do not drink alcohol, you could use either apple juice or apple cider, either will work just fine. By using the Instant Pot on the manual setting you can really infuse the meat with the wonderful flavor of apple.
I like to buy a large whole pork loin, you can cut a couple of different roasts from it, but you can also cut lots of boneless pork chops. So you can get a really good value for your money when you purchase these pork loins. I like to catch a pork loin when it is on sale. They are good value as there is little waste on such a large cut of pork.
What if my roast is slightly smaller or bigger, do I need to change the time listed?
No. Leave the time as listed. Pressure cooking requires the dish to be under pressure for the listed time.
Instant Pot Apple Cider Pork Loin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sliced white onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- salt and pepper to season roast
- 5 pounds pork loin
- 1 1/2 cups hard cider
- If you are using hard cider, measure out your hard cider, and allow it to go flat while you prepare the remaining part of the recipe. Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the pot. Heat oil until it is hot. Add sliced onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Saute until the onions are almost translucent.
- Saute roast on all sides until it just begins to brown. Add flat hard cider, place the lid on the Instant Pot. Pressure cook for 55 minutes on the manual setting. Once the roast has finished cooking you can perform a quick release. Slow cooker directions If you are using hard cider, measure out your hard cider, and allow it to go flat while you prepare the remaining part of the recipe.
- In a large skillet add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Heat pan to medium heat. Add sliced onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt, saute onions until they are translucent. Move onions and garlic to the slow cooker. Season roast with salt and pepper, saute roast on all sides until brown. Transfer the roast to the slow cooker. Add cider to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Use a thermometer to verify pork is fully cooked. Pork should reach 145 degrees before consuming.